• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's certainly very early in the investigation, but the DOJ today released an indictment charging a Russian agent of working with an American to exploit and gain contacts within GOP political circles through the NRA in an attempt to gain influence for the Russian Federation.

At this stage she is only being charged with failing to report that she was working on behalf of Russia. There is also no evidence revealed that NRA members were actively working to assist her, rather she was using the organization to gain access to political circles.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

We can be certain the left will use this to disparage the NRA, no matter how the investigation unfolds. Of course the media will also attempt to tie this to Trump, despite the fact that the interaction with the NRA predates his campaign.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...h-attempting-to-infiltrate-nra-mariia-butina/

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    was charged Monday and accused of working with Americans to carry out a secret Russian effort to influence American politics.

filed under seal on Saturday and unsealed today, allege that Butina worked for years as an undisclosed foreign agent of the Russian government, using American contacts to try to develop “back-channel” lines of communications with Russians government officials. In an affidavit, the DOJ claimed “these lines could be used by the Russian federation to penetrate the U.S. national decision-making apparatus to advance the agenda of the Russian federation. According to the affidavit, Butina worked closely with a specific American...

Huh. So, like, the FBI and DOJ through a series of indictments actually have shown that Russians attempted to influence our election process? Interesting.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to cooperate with her mission on better relations....

she has that naughty librarian look to her...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well it didn't take long for the blue checkmarks on Twitter to start claiming Butina is a Russian spy. I don't know what the official definition of a spy is, but based on the indictment I wouldn't say this case actually fits.

Also Dana Loesch is being attacked (not unusal) as being a traitor to the US because of her ties to the NRA. That seems like a nice change of pace from being constantly called a "terrorist."

I will reserve judgement until more comes out of the investigation, but as a lifetime member I would like to see the NRA make a statement to get out in front of this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maria Butina at the White House . . . the Obama White House.

DiT-UarVQAEmcu1.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well it didn't take long for the blue checkmarks on Twitter to start claiming Butina is a Russian spy. I don't know what the official definition of a spy is, but based on the indictment I wouldn't say this case actually fits.

Also Dana Loesch is being attacked (not unusal) as being a traitor to the US because of her ties to the NRA. That seems like a nice change of pace from being constantly called a "terrorist."

I will reserve judgement until more comes out of the investigation, but as a lifetime member I would like to see the NRA make a statement to get out in front of this.

It's too bad there isn't some way to see how much money annually goes through the dc law/lobby machine to buy influence in the American government and see what portion comes from Russia. There's probably European merchant bankers, Chinese industrialists and Saudi princes laughing at the Russians as amateurs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Dude, she is nothing but another vorobey for SVR.

SVR loves the honey trap. It always worked with KGB and NKVD before that. Russians always use the punch that has worked in the past.

Under Obama she was running around "saving the children".

In 2016 she ran around for a few months in Northern Virginia talking to NRA and GOA. You think NRA has their own counterintel unit (shucks, they should)? They had no idea and were taken in.

It's not like they gave her anything but she was cultivating leads for later.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Savannah on Today, seemed to a bit cheerier and less outraged this morning when she said that the NRA was going to be investigated to see if they funneled Russian money into the Trump campaign.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Savannah on Today, seemed to a bit cheerier and less outraged this morning when she said that the NRA was going to be investigated to see if they funneled Russian money into the Trump campaign.

Big media hits two targets with one shot.

Top Bottom