• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Is it possible to have a molon labe bumper sticker next to a thin blue line bumper sticker and not realize the irony of those two statements?

I see this all of the time and wonder if the drivers/owners are clueless or if they really don't see the issue with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tell me more....

Steve-Carell-Tell-me-more.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it possible to have a molon labe bumper sticker next to a thin blue line bumper sticker and not realize the irony of those two statements?

I see this all of the time and wonder if the drivers/owners are clueless or if they really don't see the issue with it.

I'll bite.

Do you perceive the cops to be the ones that want to take your guns?

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I'll bite.

Do you perceive the cops to be the ones that want to take your guns?

The ones that want to take them? No. However they are the ones tasked with enforcing the laws that anti-gun politicians pass. I don't like painting with broad strokes so by no means am I implying that all officers would comply with a law such as this but some would. I feel this is where the conflict between the stickers come in to play.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The ones that want to take them? No. However they are the ones tasked with enforcing the laws that anti-gun politicians pass. I don't like painting with broad strokes so by no means am I implying that all officers would comply with a law such as this but some would. I feel this is where the conflict between the stickers come in to play.

The only modern example we have (unless I am wrong) is Katrina, and that solidified opinion against it (almost) nationwide with many places passing laws forbidding confiscation during disasters.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Their is a common thought among liberty lovers that the state's police are on our side somehow, instead of an entity which is used as politicians see fit.

There is indeed a disconnect but I think it is more a lack of understanding and eagerness to side with "law and order", not understanding that law and order can abuse liberty, than maliciousness.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Bumper stickers, an idiots way to force his opinion on others...
    And advertise he's an idiot gun owner, idiot political supporter, etc.
    A strong expression from a weak mind.

If criminal wants a firearm, just break into anything with a NRA, Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc sticker...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bumper stickers, an idiots way to force his opinion on others...
    And advertise he's an idiot gun owner, idiot political supporter, etc.
    A strong expression from a weak mind.

If criminal wants a firearm, just break into anything with a NRA, Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc sticker...

Wow. And where did you get your psychology degree Dr. Freud? You sure have managed to cram a lot of generalisations and assumptions into a very short statement.

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up your theory that everyone with a firearm related sticker on their car is careless enough to leave easily accesible guns inside?

I'm surprised you even felt the need to comment and "force your opinion" on the rest of us.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow. And where did you get your psychology degree Dr. Freud? You sure have managed to cram a lot of generalisations and assumptions into a very short statement.

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up your theory that everyone with a firearm related sticker on their car is careless enough to leave easily accesible guns inside?

I'm surprised you even felt the need to comment and "force your opinion" on the rest of us.

:rockwoot:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I have an Amercian flag sticker and a peace sign on my vehichle. Where I live, those can be viewed as opposing stickers......
    People keep getting really close to my bumper, but don't quite make contact...:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Cops are our friends, for the most part. A lot of cops actually are at the forefront of maintaining and advancing our Second Amendment rights. Some notable exceptions to this are the politicians that often are chiefs and administration. :twocents:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have an Amercian flag sticker and a peace sign on my vehichle. Where I live, those can be viewed as opposing stickers......
    People keep getting really close to my bumper, but don't quite make contact...:)

[video=youtube;KMEViYvojtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEViYvojtY[/video]

This thread has a lot of jeep things in it... I don't understand.
    All you need to understand is that you can't support the police and the Second Amendment at the same time, some police would take your guns during a hypothetical disarming so none are worthy or your support, bumper stickers are used by idiots to force their opinions on others and posting threads identifying our common enemy as the police is not idiotic or an attempt to force an opinion on others the way a 3 by 9 inch vinyl sticker is.

Got it?

Now stop forcing your opinion that you don't understand on me.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    All you need to understand is that you can't support the police and the Second Amendment at the same time, some police would take your guns during a hypothetical disarming so none are worthy or your support, bumper stickers are used by idiots to force their opinions on others and posting threads identifying our common enemy as the police is not idiotic or an attempt to force an opinion on others the way a 3 by 9 inch vinyl sticker is.

Got it?

Now stop forcing your opinion that you don't understand on me.

A lawyer buddy of mine has an Amnesty International sticker right next to his NRA sticker on his rear window..He was constantly asked about that and his response never changed...A long drag on a cigarette followed by, "I believe that if every country had an NRA there would be no need for an Amnesty International..."

Top Bottom