• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I saw this clown is back in the news for his Nike deal.

I would post a picture of the clown's ad, but for some reason my "cut and paste" is not working.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Has Nike not ALWAYS been a liberal company? He's been their spokesman since 2011, this isn't new. A liberal company using a liberal spokesman? Oh the horror....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey Kaepernick is a **** bag. So I think it's good people are standing up against this **** bag
    The point is they are applauding his anti American actions and calling it heroic. That's the new issue here
    Nike has always sponsored athletes. Some of them liberal, oh well. This is over the top.
    I just had 2 new pairs of nikes delivered this week. 4 in the last 2.months
    I buy nike stuff. Not anymore for now. I wont be burning any pairs but I wont be contributing anymore money to their agenda

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I read that he's a real life Al Bundy - he sucked at football, so now he sells shoes . . . . .

Notable difference, Kap is making a hell of a lot more than Bundy. Honestly, I'm odddly impressed with Nike. There's no way in hell I'd take the HUGE risk they are. Kinda refreshing to see a company that big take a make or break stance over something they believe in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Notable difference, Kap is making a hell of a lot more than Bundy. Honestly, I'm odddly impressed with Nike. There's no way in hell I'd take the HUGE risk they are. Kinda refreshing to see a company that big take a make or break stance over something they believe in.

Kap has to be solid 7 figures in this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :+1:
    Gave up on Nike as soon as I heard. A company can do whatever it wants, I get that. Maybe they figure enough liberal "oppressed" people will buy enough shoes to keep them afloat.:dunno:

I will buy a new pair about every 5 or 6 years. I wear them for casual dress mainly so they last a long long time. When I cycle out to a new pair the old ones get worn to work in. The last pair were 7 years old when retired to work duty. They do make a damn good shoe.

That said I have about 4 more years on the current set. Lets see what they are about when that day rolls around. If ever.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I don't pretend to know what Nike believes in, but I'm absolutely sure they've done massive market research on this. Nike is a marketing powerhouse, spending over $3 Billion a year in marketing/customer acquisition. They were huge in customer and target demographic research even before the Internet made it much easier to capture. No, they know who's buying their shoes, how they feel about any particular celebrity, how much an endorsement from any particular celebrity means in sales, etc. There market knowledge and ability to exploit it is literally what made Nike into what they have become over the past 30 years or so, they aren't betting the farm on a coin flip.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't pretend to know what Nike believes in, but I'm absolutely sure they've done massive market research on this. Nike is a marketing powerhouse, spending over $3 Billion a year in marketing/customer acquisition. They were huge in customer and target demographic research even before the Internet made it much easier to capture. No, they know who's buying their shoes, how they feel about any particular celebrity, how much an endorsement from any particular celebrity means in sales, etc. There market knowledge and ability to exploit it is literally what made Nike into what they have become over the past 30 years or so, they aren't betting the farm on a coin flip.

I read or heard somewhere today, Nike is aiming this towards the teen-young 20's crowd. According to whomever was saying so, they think this is to appeal to what they believe people of that age think about Kapernick's rebellious cause or whatever.

The one kink might be if those young peoples' parents decide to buy some other brand instead over this.

Time will tell. They've picked sides and they really don't care if I'm a customer or not. I've got Nike shoes. I'll just have to weigh this in the purchasing decision process when I guy shoes again.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Guess when you only pay the factory workers .50 cents per hour but make billions you can gamble a little

Top Bottom