• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The N. Y. Times claims to have published an anonymous Op Ed from a "Senior White House Official."

My money is on the Times staff writing this piece and claiming it came from a cabinet member.

The "Fourth Estate" has become the "Fifth Column."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it was an administration official, although the "senior" status will probably be debatable.

I also think it was someone from the diplomatic corps. That's where (IMHO) Trump would be more likely to defer to staff influence because he knows that's not his strong suit and I don't think he really cares about it. Not coincidentally, other than the trade war, I think that's where most of Trump's "hidden successes" are.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe it's one of Bob Woodward's Book and Snake buddies helping with sales.

Always follow the money

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45435813

The Beeb seems to find some more evidence of Pence involvement.

I took a quick look at his staff, and a few names are familiar to me - a kind of Indiana Cohort.

I'm changing my answer about who it might be. Seems to me there's a good chance the author could be from that group. Not particularly high up, but the VP has connections all over government. Not particularly influential ones, but the kind who get invited to meetings and report back and sometimes get a seat at the big table to talk.

They could easily 'prove' they are a 'senior' member of the administration, but be out of the limelight enough that they probably wouldn't even be asked if they wrote it.

Also, they would have a bit of an inferiority complex that might drive them to write and send that kind of letter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm certain it is part of Pence's people. That is what it looks like.

There's one particular guy that I didn't particularly like. He's probably a decent guy, but he and I just didn't click. I kinda hope its him.

The problem is, anyone who has spent much time around him probably suspects him, too. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In looking at a few of the names associated with Pence in the administration, I think we'll know the author before midterms, or at least by the end of the year. I think this person wants people to know who they are, and they aren't too happy about where they are now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Being as the times wrote a piece back in, i believe 2010-11, where they claimed senior officials were the source, but turned out to be an intern, im placing my bet there. Someone on the staff, but has no real access to the inner workings.
    I believe its just another "nothing burger" from the fake news to try and help further the liberal agenda.

Top Bottom