• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Is it just me ? I am sick of the Indiana senate race tv commercials being aired for Donnelly and Braun. Both have taken the low road - Donnelly with multiple derogatory attacks about BraunÂ’s private business life and Braun slamming Donnelly about his association with Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. and his allegiance to the Democrat political machine.

Why is it that smear tactics are felt to be preferred instead of outlining a candidateÂ’s strong points ? I also note that Donnelly is getting a lot of monetary help from non Indiana money. Obviously the Dems are making an all out attempt to try to change the political party majority in both houses of the legislature. The Dems (liberals) rail against the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling making it legal for corporations to be considered persons but obviously like to use money from any source to promote their agenda. They scream to high heaven about NRA dollars being used to help the candidate preferential to them but donÂ’t seem to think itÂ’s hypocritical for the trade unions to shill for the Dems.

Just hoping for the elections to get here soon and be over. Then we can listen to the alphabet news agencies rail on and on about Russian election intervention and voting machine fraud !

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm just glad the Kentucky races are quiet this year. Living on the border we get twice as many ads with half for folks whom we don't vote for (well technically 3/4 but you know what I mean).

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm sick of the unskippable "Mike Braun is not out for us" ads on Youtube before every damn video. :xmad:

The one that irks me is the guy that looks at the camera and says something to the effect of "you're going to vote for Mike Braun, you gotta be crazy."

I wouldn't have guessed it was possible to sink lower than all of the out-of-context facts and twisted innuendo of the typical political ad, but that one doesn't even bother to make an unsubstantiated allegation against the candidate, now they are attacking the voter!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I get confused about the other guy in a blue shirt that works for a living. Is he running? He doesn’t look like Donnelly.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The one that irks me is the guy that looks at the camera and says something to the effect of "you're going to vote for Mike Braun, you gotta be crazy."

I wouldn't have guessed it was possible to sink lower than all of the out-of-context facts and twisted innuendo of the typical political ad, but that one doesn't even bother to make an unsubstantiated allegation against the candidate, now they are attacking the voter!

That's the one.

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    Am I the only one that thinks Donnelly is the better candidate? I’m not going to vote for him because I don’t want the dems retaining that seat, but Braun was a lifelong Democrat before this election. His “outsider” claim is bs too because he was in the state house before. Doesn’t that make him an insider by default? Something tells me a bunch of democrats voted republican in the primary to keep rokita and messer out of it. Similar to what a bunch of us did in 2008 to keep Hillary out.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Am I the only one that thinks Donnelly is the better candidate? I’m not going to vote for him because I don’t want the dems retaining that seat, but Braun was a lifelong Democrat before this election. His “outsider” claim is bs too because he was in the state house before. Doesn’t that make him an insider by default? Something tells me a bunch of democrats voted republican in the primary to keep rokita and messer out of it. Similar to what a bunch of us did in 2008 to keep Hillary out.

Bail Out Joe can take six paragraphs to talk out of both sides of his mouth and say absolutely nothing. He'll vote how **** Schumer tells him to vote. He voted for Neil Gorsuch becaus **** Schumer counted the votes and told him it was OK to appease the bitter clingers in Indiana. SCOTUS is at stake here, we have a chance to take the Supreme Court back for the first time in most of our lifetimes. We gotta show up on 6 November.

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    Scotus being at stake is one of the top reasons I’m holding my nose and voting for Braun. I wasn’t aware of Donnelly taking bailouts. I’ll research that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We DVR almost everything so we miss a lot of those ads. My wife though loves watching the news in the morning and Donnelly has a ad on there almost every commercial break. I was starting to wonder if Bruan even had a budget for tv ads.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    We DVR almost everything so we miss a lot of those ads. My wife though loves watching the news in the morning and Donnelly has a ad on there almost every commercial break. I was starting to wonder if Bruan even had a budget for tv ads.

Take a look at the fine print at the bottom of Donnelly’s ads and see who is paying for a lot of them. Basically out of state Democrat and liberal money doing everything they can to keep him in office. It’s no wonder they can outspend Braun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Take a look at the fine print at the bottom of Donnelly’s ads and see who is paying for a lot of them. Basically out of state Democrat and liberal money doing everything they can to keep him in office. It’s no wonder they can outspend Braun.

That should be a red flag to anyone with even half a brain.

But we are discussing the electorate inn general.

Top Bottom