• yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    So, I read this.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/4/levi-strauss-launches-gun-control-initiative-we-si/

Amid all the current social protesting and ignorant chanting going on in the US these days, enough was enough for me. I have worn levis for over 40 years. They are the only jeans that fit me in my opinion, my wife agrees. I somehow feel like I need to let levis know that politicizing their brand is stupid.

The NRA is already calling the announcement "Virtue Signaling" but I think they are wrong. Virtue signaling would be more posturing for a feel good moment. Levis is claiming to actually act on this and provide donations to gun control groups. The idea that a top level management team could be so ignorant of well published facts, so incapable of critical thought, so void of the ability to think for themselves, is astounding. How could they keep a business afloat if they cannot see the true cause of violence in America today?

What to do?

I could join the crowd of meaningless internet outrage folks and video my pants burning, but what does that accomplish? Nothing. Nope, I will wear my pants, but I will buy no more levis brand to replace them. I cannot take money away from levis but I can make certain they get no more of my money.

So, levis, here is a picture of a loyal past customer's pants. My levis, my pistol. Your brand is worn publicly and worn armed. When these jeans are through, they will be replaced with your competitor's pants.

last pair of levis.jpg

I encourage any other Ingo members who wear levis to do the same in this thread. Maybe a few thousand photos will let them know they made the wrong choice.

YHJ

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, I read this.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/4/levi-strauss-launches-gun-control-initiative-we-si/

Amid all the current social protesting and ignorant chanting going on in the US these days, enough was enough for me. I have worn levis for over 40 years. They are the only jeans that fit me in my opinion, my wife agrees. I somehow feel like I need to let levis know that politicizing their brand is stupid.

The NRA is already calling the announcement "Virtue Signaling" but I think they are wrong. Virtue signaling would be more posturing for a feel good moment. Levis is claiming to actually act on this and provide donations to gun control groups. The idea that a top level management team could be so ignorant of well published facts, so incapable of critical thought, so void of the ability to think for themselves, is astounding. How could they keep a business afloat if they cannot see the true cause of violence in America today?

What to do?

I could join the crowd of meaningless internet outrage folks and video my pants burning, but what does that accomplish? Nothing. Nope, I will wear my pants, but I will buy no more levis brand to replace them. I cannot take money away from levis but I can make certain they get no more of my money.

So, levis, here is a picture of a loyal past customer's pants. My levis, my pistol. Your brand is worn publicly and worn armed. When these jeans are through, they will be replaced with your competitor's pants.

View attachment 70053

I encourage any other Ingo members who wear levis to do the same in this thread. Maybe a few thousand photos will let them know they made the wrong choice.

YHJ

I call that "pooping on your own front porch". Damage is done, they have your cash. The best you can do is get the most out of what you have and then replace with another brand.

I like Wranglers myself.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If anyone here shops at Buckle in the mall, The Affliction brand they carry has a "Freedom Defender" collection that supports stuff like the Chris Kyle foundation and G.I. foundation and a few others with 10% of each item sold being donated.

But first you gotta be willing to pay $120 for jean's and $60 for a shirt. My wife loves that store, my credit card not so much

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If anyone here shops at Buckle in the mall, The Affliction brand they carry has a "Freedom Defender" collection that supports stuff like the Chris Kyle foundation and G.I. foundation and a few others with 10% of each item sold being donated.

But first you gotta be willing to pay $120 for jean's and $60 for a shirt. My wife loves that store, my credit card not so much
    One of their store managers is a gun owner too because I know someone who built a nice rifle for them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is a good color match for jeans and covers up any unsightly logos.

HST1490-2T.jpg

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    quit Levi's many moons ago.

I buy strictly Silver jeans now. Again, you have to be willing to spend the money on a good pair of jeans. My last pair bought was $120. My first pair bought, 5 years ago and still going strong, $95.

I have done my research and have heard nothing about a gun control stance with them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Switched up to Lee's when Levi's Became very public with this silly crap. No I was not aware they were anti 2-A before this.
    Also the pricing was getting salty.
    Now I hear Lee is either selling the marque or shutting down. Looks like I will have to shop brands again.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My older brother told me I couldn't buy Levi's anymore 20 to 30 years ago. When I asked why, he said they were anti-gun. Been wearing Wranglers ever since. Worked out pretty good seeing as how they are just as good and half the price. Maybe 1/3 the price.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    haven't bought Nike in years (probably decades) nor Levis, so none of this corporate wokeness matters to me (other than to mock it and get a good laugh).

usually I buy Wranglers.

Top Bottom