• Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    1. Trump has a better job for her.
    2. Trump embarrassed her among her peers at the UN
    3. Nikki is getting ready to run for another office.

Choose from the above, or insert your own choice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't see her continuing to work for Trump. She needs to establish some distance from him to preserve long term viability. Also, I don't think she'll run for another office until her campaign for POTUS.

I suspect it is a mix of #2 and my own #4 - a 6 figure advance on a book deal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dunno the direction this will go, but google news was full of the fake news agency's quickly making this into some controversy.

FNC just reported she is staying through the end of this year. Also that Trump has been aware of this for six months. :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump resigns, but doesn't officially resign.
    Nikki wears a wig and says bigly occasionally.
    We all just act real cool about this for the next two years.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So various tweets quote her as saying she's not running in 2020 but she will campaign for Trump. She was very vigorous at the UN, I think very much in tune with Trump's vision and attitude on American policy abroad, so don't think there is a clash between them. Trump publicly said she's welcome to come back, have any job she wants.

Resignation is now but doesn't look like its effective until end of year, so plenty time to pick a new one.

ETA: will miss her tho, she was excellent.

ETA2: My wild rumor, you heard it here first: She's being positioned to replace Ruth Buzzi when she doesn't wake up from her nap.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is not uncommon for administrations to shed people in cycles, and the half-way mark is one point where that happens. In that regard, this is not a big deal.

However, for a POTUS with some regrettable comments and actions in the context of gender equality, Haley was a real bright spot for his administration. Since I don't think Condi is interested, I'm not sure who it will be.

Any dude nominated is going to go through the Kavanaugh Krucible.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'll add choice 4: She doesn't know how to swim in the deep end of the pool. (Not that I thought Susan Rice was worth a dang).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll add choice 4: She doesn't know how to swim in the deep end of the pool. (Not that I thought Susan Rice was worth a dang).

Dang! Was not expecting that! :)

I think she's been doing a very good job, based on public reporting and some private contacts.

She can only play the cards she's dealt. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd vote for Haley.... and I don't think she's a die hard Trumper. I think her FIRST job was the doing a service to the nation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I doubt she'd run against Trump.

But, in an open field, against Pence and Graham (Lindsey), she'd have a great chance. The 3 of them (and no one else) in a primary debate would be spectacular.

Although, a Pence-Haley ticket... wow. A boy can dream. (No way a Graham/Haley ticket would work. Too much Carolina going on there.)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Dang! Was not expecting that! :)

I think she's been doing a very good job, based on public reporting and some private contacts.

She can only play the cards she's dealt. :)

Her background is awful light: Accounting degree, Waste Management, Family Clothing business, then public service in one form or another stressing (doh) fiscal issues. It's a very minimal skill set for a senior statecraft position.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Her background is awful light: Accounting degree, Waste Management, Family Clothing business, then public service in one form or another stressing (doh) fiscal issues. It's a very minimal skill set for a senior statecraft position.

I think that's discounting the experience as governor in a state that has blue water ports. In all truth, I don't necessarily disagree with that assessment for her nomination for UN Ambassador, but I think it was a sink-or-swim posting, and she swam REALLY well. Against the current. With a boat anchor of a POTUS (in foreign policy matters) around her neck.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Anyone is a step up from Rice....who is now considering a run for the senate in Maine (bleychhhhh!). I like Nikki, but world stateswoman is not something that comes to mind when thinking about the past governor of a backwater state.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Worked hard as governor. Rising star in Republican party. Put on world stage and didn't take any crap from those blowhards at the U.N. Demonstrated her loyalty by carrying Trump's water. All pluses for her future political aspirations.

Nothing to be gained by hanging around with the s.hole nations at the U.N. As a member of the Trump administration there is always the possible scandal, rant, blowup that could tarnish her star.

Good time for her to take a sabbatical from a high stress whirlwind the last few years and avoid potential pitfalls over the next couple years. Looking forward to seeing her do good things for our country in the future.

aaad4b489f8409179d0c5eab83aae722.jpg

Wish I could take a break from my high stress job.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Maybe she should have been a community organizer.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. LOL.

We put some mighty idiotic people into important roles. The last 3 presidents, for example.

I wonder Nikki would have made the cut for a CFO at a major company with her resume......probably not.

Barry wouldn't have made much of a dent if not connected. Probably would have been delivering deep dishes.

Billy Joe Bob Bush was a sports franchise muckity muck. That ain't really a job.

Top Bottom