• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ^^^THIS!!!^^^ I heard the story on my way home. I thought exactly the same thing.

Edit: This is going to be the new norm: allegations that are decades-old and third-handed rumors is now the equivalent of guilty.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Me Too (@MeTooMVMT) · Twitter

https://twitter.com/MeTooMVMT

...Dr. Ford’s testimony was one of the most courageous acts we’ve ever seen. This letter is our love offering of support. See the letter and add your signature: metooMVMT.org. #DrFordLoveLetter | @TaranaBurke @amandadecadenet @GlennonDoyle @TraceeEllisRoss @AmericaFerrera pic.twitter.com/vIXporF…

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I've stopped speaking to anyone at work. I was very friendly before. Always saying hi or waving. Now it's look straight ahead and don't look at anyone. Makes for a lonely day.

Jason

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know where to look when I pass a lady in the hall. If I look at her it's sexual harassment, if I don't then I'm implying she is "less than."

I spend a lot of time looking at my phone, which seems to pass as good manners anymore.

Women want to be noticed, but not be the center of attention. They want to be attractive, but not sexualized.

It's a mad world...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I don't understand this new thrill of being able to tell a #MeToo story. Digging back decades and reimagining a bad date or poor decision and turning it into a rape accusation. My response to most liberals outrage over the questionable accusations is "well at least he didn't face.... an intern in the White House." Typically shuts them up pretty fast. If they keep yammering then I mention "if there were only a tool or weapon that would allow a woman to defend herself." Then their squirrel brain gets confused and they can't decide which they hate more, men or guns.

So was your thread title a typo or subliminal message about the underlying accusation?

BREAJKING

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This kind of falls in line with all the other labels that have been bandied about lately; I'm sick of hearing it and automatically send it to the spam file in my brain as well as labeling you as a band wagon jumper. The down side is that the jumper then starts screaming about me ignoring and approving of sexual assault which in my opinion isn't the issue. The issue I have is that they seem to be (are?) using it as political capital.:noway:

Top Bottom