• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I mentioned starting such a thread in the Donnelly thread. (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...joe-donnelly-d-ind-2018-a-10.html#post7687662). That one is pretty much devoted to him getting thrown out of office but there's plenty of other non-Donnelly/Braun stuff going on out there we can entertain ourselves with. :)

I'll start off with an anecdote I heard about last night. My plant had a public open house yesterday. I saw Chris May (a state rep representing parts of Lawrence county, etc.) and he told me that his democrat opponent decided the lobby of the plant was a good place to get on his proverbial soap box and start campaigning. Chris said when Stancomb saw him there, he started shouting "right-to-work!....right-to-work!...right-to-work!....". Fortunately, some of the other guests were there to diffuse the situation. I've known Chris for a number of years and he's about the least in-your-face person you'd ever meet.

I wonder how many votes he swayed to his side?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ses-against-michigan-democrat-debbie-stabenow
    John James rises against Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow

But I think the candidate himself is the key here. As a small business owner who illustrates both the history and progress of the American dream, James is also a West Point and Harvard graduate and a combat veteran.

Although he branched into Army aviation as a helicopter pilot, James earned the Ranger infantry tab. Put simply, James is one impressive guy. And while defeating the Democratic incumbent in nominally blue Michigan will be an uphill struggle, James is not nearly as far behind as you'd expect, given the attention his race has gotten. It's not just the polling data. Outlining growing GOP confidence in his potential, in the last fundraising cycle, James outraised Stabenow by a 2-to-1 ratio.

That "Blue Wave" thing might just refer to a hand gesture from the back benches

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm just wondering how many republicans will have rape accusations thrown at them out of the blue from 35+ years ago without evidence.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm just wondering how many republicans will have rape accusations thrown at them out of the blue from 35+ years ago without evidence.

For Grassley and Hatch the + will be at least 25 years. "He lured me into his new Studebaker and..."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've been fairly impressed by what I've seen of this guy. Hopefully the people of Michigan will give him some serious consideration. To quote a phrase from President Trump "What have they got to lose?"

Agreed. My friends in Michigan are also, he seems like the real deal - a patriot who sees MI politics as his next opportunity to serve. I wish we had more like him running in Ohio. It's easier for Republicans to get elected here, but that very ease sometimes leads to mediocre candidates, it seems

BTW, for the Indiana Kasich lovers, he's almost available! We'll include free [STRIKE]carpetbagging[/STRIKE] shipping

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I thought I liked Kasich at one time, but he kinda turned into a douche, didn't he.

Agreed. My friends in Michigan are also, he seems like the real deal - a patriot who sees MI politics as his next opportunity to serve. I wish we had more like him running in Ohio. It's easier for Republicans to get elected here, but that very ease sometimes leads to mediocre candidates, it seems

BTW, for the Indiana Kasich lovers, he's almost available! We'll include free [STRIKE]carpetbagging[/STRIKE] shipping

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO he was like a RINO Clinton, cloaking himself in the latest trappings of buzzword conservatism and always trying to triangulate. His core commitment seems to be mostly to himself

ETA: Not meant as a criticism. Much like I know very little about Holcomb that I don't learn from Hoosiers, you have to be exposed to the person on a long term basis to get what they're really about. Kasich's national persona was a carefully crafted fiction paid for by dark money to create yet another hurdle for Trump to have to overcome - sort of compassionate conservatism light. We have been 'enjoying' the real Kasich since 2011. It's hard to keep the mask on that long

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In early 2016 both of my sons were visiting and discussions turned to the elections, both spring and fall. My youngest son asked me what I though about Donald Trump running and I said he had a good message but I didn't see him winning the nomination, much less the election. My oldest asked what I thought would happen if I was wrong. I told him that everything about elections and politics would be different if that happened, it would more closely resemble the WWE. It's been coming for years, since television and the Nixon Kennedy debate, but it's going over the edge now.

News and entertainment are merging in such a way as to be indiscernible.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Amazing that whatever Youtube I'm watching, the only ads I'm seeing are anti Mike Braun. I mean, every single one. How is that even possible?
    They have to work to get the Ds elected in the states that are up for grab. It isn't hard for them to tell you are from Indiana.

You could always ask Youtube why it is that you are only getting that ad.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Amazing that whatever Youtube I'm watching, the only ads I'm seeing are anti Mike Braun. I mean, every single one. How is that even possible?

They know Donnelly is on a hot seat. He's getting lots of help for him to keep it. His campaign or a friend of his campaign probably bought those ads. Hopefully, maybe, YouTube isn't doing this on their own.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So where's the conservative money for Braun showing up? Is the RNC engaged in this? I sure hope so, but I've not seen evidence so far.

Even locally, I haven't seen that much effort put into campaigning by the local republicans. Are Indiana republicans trying to get by on the cheap, believing they've got such a built in advantage? I'd have to say, it seems like it. Locally, here in Lawrence county, the hottest race is for prosecutor. It's between a republican and a democrat running as an independant. If you didn't know better, you'd think the county is going for the independent guy by a wide margin.

Top Bottom