• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/10/10/la-ordinance-requires-city-contractors-disclose-nra-ties/
    LA Passes Ordinance Requiring City Contractors To Disclose NRA Ties

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – City contractors who have ties to the National Rifle Association must now disclose them, under a motion passed unanimously Wednesday by the Los Angeles City Council.
    The motion, approved by a 10-0 vote, does not ban NRA-linked contractors from doing business with the city, but would require them to disclose any contracts or sponsorships they have with the gun rights advocacy group.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Are you now, or have you ever been, a proponent of the 2nd Amendment?"

You would think Hollywood, especially, would not go down that road (again)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It would be interesting to see how many NRA endorsing contractors get city business.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This kinda **** is rediculous. Don’t they have anything better to do than come up with stupid ass ordinances like this? I think it’s time for 2A proponents to become a Constitutionally protected class free from persecution.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    This kinda **** is rediculous. Don’t they have anything better to do than come up with stupid ass ordinances like this? I think it’s time for 2A proponents to become a Constitutionally protected class free from persecution.

Of course they have time to come up with stupid-ass ordinances like this—they are Democrats; and even worse, California Democrats.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone that is a member, has a "tie" with the NRA.

I haven't read the ordinance, but 2 or 3 articles talk about "contractual relationship" or "sponsorship".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this isn't a big deal. My point is that in addition to being McCarthyism, it is do-nothing legislation.

[edit]

Found the language. The motion asks for an ordinance to be drafted which requires a business that wants to contract with the City of Los Angeles must disclose:

(1) any contracts it or any of its subsidiaries has with the National Rifle Association; and (2) any sponsorship it or any of its subsidiaries provides to the National Rifle Association.

Besides weapons and training, I guess banks, credit card companies and insurers would be likely companies to have to disclose.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This city and any city that tries to infringe on rights need to be sued into oblivian until they either get it or the people get tired of paying out and stop electing the ones who cost the city.

We are close folks, we are close

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, and it's not an ordinance yet. A committee passed a motion asking that an ordinance be drafted.

Dammit... I already had my pitchfork ready... :(

Good thing this is in L.A. and not LA, 'cause I love be some po' boys, charbroiled oysters & Drew Brees.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I kinda hope for it to pass just to see the blood pour out of their foot when they cant buy guns or ammo or other cop gear.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's assuming those businesses decide to boycott - that's not assured.

No, if they had ties (what ammo/gun/LEO supplier doesnt?) they could be prohibited from doing business with the city if the theoretical ordinance passes. Because isnt that the point? To choose a vendor that isnt aligned with the icky NRA?

It wouldn't be their choice whether they would be eligible to participate or not.* Well, unless they were told "you must sever ties if you want our contract.". But would a company like Glock tell the NRA to pound sand over one city contract?

*but I could see a bunch of waivers being issued

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No, if they had ties (what ammo/gun/LEO supplier doesnt?) they could be prohibited from doing business with the city if the theoretical ordinance passes. Because isnt that the point? To choose a vendor that isnt aligned with the icky NRA?...

While that may end up being the practical effect, the proposed ordinance does not speak to banning.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Found the language. The motion asks for an ordinance to be drafted which requires a business that wants to contract with the City of Los Angeles must disclose: Besides weapons and training, I guess banks, credit card companies and insurers would be likely companies to have to disclose.

Or any company sponsoring part of an FNRA event.

While that may end up being the practical effect, the proposed ordinance does not speak to banning.

And the registration laws never mention confiscation.

Top Bottom