Does this hat make me look like a Civil Rights Leader?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'll just leave this here for INGO's enjoyment:

[video]https://www.wthr.com/article/indy-pastor-concerned-about-walmarts-sale-toy-guns[/video]

Looks like competition for those "Violence Prevention Grants" is heating up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [FONT=&amp]"Over a two-year period, the Washington Post did a study showing that over 60 people in our country had been killed because they had toy weapons," said Girton.[/FONT]

I want to know the context behind this. What exactly were they doing when they were killed. I’m guessing NOT playing [STRIKE]cowboys and indians [/STRIKE] oh sorry cowpersons and native Americans...

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    By airing a video on how to convert it to look real, he contributes to the problem. Kinda like getting your teenager drunk & putting them in the driver's seat in an empty parking lot to teach them the hazards of driving drink. It might sound good....until you think it through.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    "What about toy swords? A kid can buy some silver paint and use it to make they toy sword look like a real sword!
    And Hulk hands? Wal-Mart come on! A kid can buy some paint to make the hulk hands look like it's their real hands, then they go around committing crimes because who is going to fight someone who has hands that look like the hulk? I won't!"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

Let's focus on what's really important here.

There are higher priorities than social media baiting.

Like why is Walmart marketing a bright orange revolver as a "swat" gun? That makes no sense.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I doubt it is Walmart's marketing so much as some Chinese firm's idea of what a SWAT gun is or just using a term they don't understand the implications of.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Wait.

Like why is Walmart marketing a bright orange revolver as a "swat" gun? That makes no sense.
    Do we need to fact-check this and see if swat gun revolver is orange? I think this is right, it's just that they normally are not bringing out their orange revolvers, but other bigger guns. I think once they ran out of their other guns ammo then you would start seeing the orange revolvers coming out, but we can fact-check this if you would like.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I guess they should ban pieces of wood and bars of soap too.

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/06/492269332/from-homemade-weapons-to-inmate-art-an-inside-look-at-life-behind-bars

Jnwsw5K.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/12011248/Prisoner-made-fake-soap-gun-in-foiled-escape-
    plot.html

oIXZ1xY.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    People definitely take things too far. Pretty much anything could be a problem if you take it from what it was designed for and make it something else. Trying to eliminate anything that could possibly be turned into something else is ...well... faulty thinking.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait.

Which part? The 'bright orange' part or the'revolver' part - or both?

For the record, I've seen McGarrett (the only one, Jack Lord) win a shootout with a man with a rifle (on the third floor of a motel) with his model 36. 100 yard shot, easy. Them wheelguns is bad***

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Which part? The 'bright orange' part or the'revolver' part - or both?

For the record, I've seen McGarrett (the only one, Jack Lord) win a shootout with a man with a rifle (on the third floor of a motel) with his model 36. 100 yard shot, easy. Them wheelguns is bad***

It's been years ago, but I saw a video of a guy, supposedly a retired Arizona sheriff, shooting a snub-nose .38spl right at 300 yards.
    His target was a "man-size bush".
    It was "man-size" if a full grown man were squatted down in a ball.
    This guy was lobbing rounds in on that bush from 300 yards.
    It took about 3 or 4 shots for him to zero in, but he hit it consistently after that.

Nothing like good old "Kentucky windage".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I want to know the context behind this. What exactly were they doing when they were killed. I’m guessing NOT playing [STRIKE]cowboys and indians [/STRIKE] oh sorry cowpersons and [STRIKE]native Americans[/STRIKE] Indigenous peoples...

FIFY.

Get with the program. "Native Americans" is soooo 2017.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Wait.

Kid gives the gun to his friend. His friend gets "swatted." It really isn't that hard to understand.

Maybe Walmart will make a donation to his organization.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

...Utter rubbish. Now I want to hand out toy guns for Halloween.

I like the way you think. Let's meet up at 86th and Michigan for Halloween and do exactly that. I'll rent a U-Haul van and a great big sign.

With any luck, the smart ones will sell them to the gun buyback...
    :joke:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom