• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I hate to admit that I have only voted in presidential elections in the past, but this year is different for me and my wife. With the ongoing attacks on religious freedoms, the second amendment, etc.

I found that voting early in the presidential election was a nice option and will be doing so for the upcoming election.

You can find your day of and/or early voting locations and times at https://indianavoters.in.gov/.

:patriot:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hate to admit that I have only voted in presidential elections in the past, but this year is different for me and my wife. With the ongoing attacks on religious freedoms, the second amendment, etc.

I found that voting early in the presidential election was a nice option and will be doing so for the upcoming election.

You can find your day of and/or early voting locations and times at https://indianavoters.in.gov/.

:patriot:

Glad to have you on our side and at the polls FWP. This is a HUGE election and we need to rally the troops.

I'll be voting on election day. I voted absentee for a lot of years while I was in the USAF, voting at the polls means something. I voted for the first time in 1984 (fire station in Campbellsburg, huge all-metal voting booths, you knew you voted.) Joined the USAF in Feb 86, hell in 98 I filled out my absentee ballot on the window sill of the Postal Service Center at Keflavik, Iceland and put it in the outgoing mail. In 2002 I was a Florida resident and voted at my son's school. Fill in the oval with a Sharpie, put the ballot in the "privacy sleeve" (it was a manila folder) and put it in the Scantron machine. Voted absentee in 04 and 06, been at the polls on election day ever since.

Again, this is a very important election.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Cast my ballot on the way home from work yesterday afternoon. Get out and vote people. Encourage anyone you know that is eligible to vote to do the same.

The time to make a big noise is upon us. Let us do it at the ballot box in opposition to an irrational angry mob in the streets.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Glad to have you on our side and at the polls FWP. This is a HUGE election and we need to rally the troops.

I'll be voting on election day. I voted absentee for a lot of years while I was in the USAF, voting at the polls means something. I voted for the first time in 1984 (fire station in Campbellsburg, huge all-metal voting booths, you knew you voted.) Joined the USAF in Feb 86, hell in 98 I filled out my absentee ballot on the window sill of the Postal Service Center at Keflavik, Iceland and put it in the outgoing mail. In 2002 I was a Florida resident and voted at my son's school. Fill in the oval with a Sharpie, put the ballot in the "privacy sleeve" (it was a manila folder) and put it in the Scantron machine. Voted absentee in 04 and 06, been at the polls on election day ever since.

Again, this is a very important election.
    As a general rule I normally cast my ballot on Election Day but I’m so fired up about this particular midterm election that I couldn’t wait to cast my ballot. This is the first time I’ve voted early.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As a general rule I normally cast my ballot on Election Day but I’m so fired up about this particular midterm election that I couldn’t wait to cast my ballot. This is the first time I’ve voted early.
    I checked the link in the OP for early voting locations near me, and the earliest I can do it is apparently Oct. 26. I may wait until election day (polling place is only about a mile from my house). Definitely don't want to miss this one though!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    This may be an ignorant question, but don't the early votes get held (and not counted) unless the voting day official talleys are really close? Or am I thinking of absentee ballots or something else? Military votes, maybe?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This may be an ignorant question, but don't the early votes get held (and not counted) unless the voting day official talleys are really close? Or am I thinking of absentee ballots or something else? Military votes, maybe?

Military votes and absentee ballots are often the same but can be different. I received an absentee ballot from the county where I was registered to vote (Washington County until I changed my State of residence to Florida, then it was Okaloosa County, FL). I do remember that GIs overseas could vote in "federal elections" if not registered anywhere and there was a postcard form to do this. This federal ballot is not to be confused with SF-76, which is a postcard form used to request an absentee ballot.

Absentee ballots (to the best of my knowledge, could be wrong) are only counted if they could affect the outcome. In the 2000 Florida election Al Gore's legal team tried to get military overseas absentee ballots not counted because of dates received. Not coincidentally GIs voted about 75% Republican in those days and after 8 years of Slick Willie it was probably closer to 90%. IIRC about 10% of the military are Florida residents (no State tax.)

Edit: early votes are counted to the best of my knowledge.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    75f79af97a21ff2d803007b2625311b216b3c073e6417bdbb493b69a9d29a6b5_1.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I always vote on Election Day. There is just something about being there for the action...

The action of standing line while slow people get confused? :dunno:

A two block walk at mid-day, no line, quick press of some buttons and I'm done.

Now I can continue trying to ignore all the political adds, but now I know they're not for me.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Same here....but I'm just an old curmudgeon who thinks that believes that anything that makes voting easier is a bad idea.

I agree except for the old, were about the same age. And I aint old, just getting there don't let my (lack of)hair fool ya. But yes, screw the early voting, screw the absentee voting unless they can prove a reason why, just get your ass to the booth.

Top Bottom