Page 540 of 588 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 550 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5872

Thread: Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Reagan was a California democrat in 1967... so I'll give him a pass on that... What I'm mad at him for was signing into law no more new machine guns... Paying $200 for a tax stamp is bad enough, but ever since there has been no more new ones made prices have gone through the roof on the ones out there... Guess he never did change over ALL the way.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

2+2=4

User Info Menu

2+2=4

User Info Menu

2+2=4

User Info Menu

2+2=4

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Censorship is to society what cancer is to the body.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Reagan was a California democrat in 1967... so I'll give him a pass on that... What I'm mad at him for was signing into law no more new machine guns... Paying $200 for a tax stamp is bad enough, but ever since there has been no more new ones made prices have gone through the roof on the ones out there... Guess he never did change over ALL the way.
    I think he was a Republican by then, because he was the GOP candidate for Governor of California in 1966 and won. The full quote from 1967 was "Americans don't go around carrying guns with the idea they're using them to influence other Americans. There's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons." It was apparently a response to the Black Panthers exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, but Reagan (and others) were suggesting (probably correctly) that the Black Panthers were trying to intimidate people. I don't know if the second sentence in the quote was bad phrasing or if he really believed that as it was reported.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post

Awesome!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!