Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 585 of 588 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 5872

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    OK.

No. I'm not.
    Maybe it's wrong to inject facts and logic into a discussion?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

No it is wrong to have endless discussions in the Political Funny "PICTURES" Thread.

User Info Menu

This scene is the same with or without insurance, regardless of political affiliation.......

I know, it ain't funny.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post

This scene is the same with or without insurance, regardless of political affiliation.......

I know, it ain't funny.
    Did they get the splinter out?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Did they get the splinter out?

Very good! Plus now he is a woman.

User Info Menu

He restoreth my soul. He giveth me kung fu in the face of my enemies.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Hospitals are legally bound to provide service until you are stabilized. In many cases, they will go beyond that and provide free care until such time it is either not needed or you check out. I can tell you many stories about "no-pay" individuals receiving care above and beyond anyone's expectations.
    Not only legally bound to do it, they DO do it. And 911 ambulances will still take you, even if the crew knows you're not going to pay. No, the crew and for that matter, the ED staff, don't see your payment status anymore, and in fact, registration is not allowed to ask more than your name and what's wrong, (basic demographics, I think they can ask date of birth, address, etc.... but nothing at all about payment.... before you are seen for treatment.

This is why a moderately sized ED might see 120 so-called "emergency" patients in a day.

What kind of care you get might be different; I've seen a doc go into a room many times, farther into someone's care, after registration HAS come in to check payment info, and give someone the option, "Look... I can send you over for a CAT scan if you want. I can get the same information and make the same diagnosis without it, but if you want it, and the bill that goes with it, I can order it. It's up to you." (this is a paraphrase, despite the quote marks)

When I was on the truck, if I decided the patient needed an IV, I started the IV, unless the patient refused it. No regard was given to payment. That's not my concern. That's for the bean counters in the office to figure out, not me.

Payment is not the concern in EDs. It's just not.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

User Info Menu

This is true - and it is why emergency rooms have been closing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hkindiana View Post
    WRONG
    Actually, it is you who are wrong. Proof: Go to your local hospital ER. Observe the pretty plaques posted on the walls. You will see them in every patient room, the triage rooms, and admitting area. Read those. They all say the same thing.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

User Info Menu

I know, it ain't funny.
    Did rhino finally break down and buy a new knife?

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.