• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    One Stacey Abrams is the Democrat candidate for governor, in Georgia. Should she win, she will become the first black female governor elected in the U.S. It would be historical; or so they say. Historical, hysterical. To-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe.

Anyway, Oprah is appearing with Abrams in Georgia; and Mike Pence is campaigning with Brian Kemp.... the Republican candidate. I personally believe Kemp will win.... meaning Abrams would NOT become the first black female governor in America; at least not this time.

I'd be interested in peoples' thoughts here on INGO, but I didn't want to post a poll, as the choices are too limited. You may post your opinion, of course, here in this thread if you like.....

QUESTION posed is this: What U.S. state do you think will elect "the first black female governor"? And do you feel she will be a Dem, or Republican, or Independent?

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Here are my thoughts; and strangely, I feel equally strongly about each of two very different scenarios.

1) Maryland elects a black female whom is far left-leaning Dem, anti-gun, a progressive college professor who is overwhelmingly pro-social programs (Medicaid, welfare, etc).

-OR-

2) Mississippi elects a black female whom is pro-2A, conservative Republican; pro-law enforcement and possibly a retired military gal (7-10 years service); and a successful business person.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t care what the race/gender or historical value is of any candidate at the ballot box.

I will not be guilted into any such vote for precedence sake alone either.

I support candidates that closely represent the issues that are most important to me. Period.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I don't care if he/she is black/white/green/purple. If he/she has enough sense to pour pee out of a boot, he/she will stand out in the crowd and probably get my vote. Until then, which I don't see happening anytime soon, I'll pretty much stick to candidates endorsed by the NRA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here are my thoughts; and strangely, I feel equally strongly about each of two very different scenarios.

1) Maryland elects a black female whom is far left-leaning Dem, anti-gun, a progressive college professor who is overwhelmingly pro-social programs (Medicaid, welfare, etc).

-OR-

2) Mississippi elects a black female whom is pro-2A, conservative Republican; pro-law enforcement and possibly a retired military gal (7-10 years service); and a successful business person.
    Having lived in MS, I can assure you that a woman, black or white, will not be governor for several decades. I can see a black male conservative as governor within the next decade or so would be possible, but he’d first have to be accepted into the aristocratic good ole boys network.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think it was Tip O'Neil who said that all politics are local, so it's not always reliable to frame a local election with national themes.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Racial equality quality isn't when the first (X) is hired or elected to a position, it's when (X) is fired / impeached and nobody mentions the race.

This specific girl has burned the GA flag, I don't see that sitting well with lots of GA voters.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm much more concerned about a candidates ideology than I am about their race/color/gender, etc. The Dems push this trash "first black whatever" to fire up their base. Remember, Dems operate on feelings, not logic.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm much more concerned about a candidates ideology than I am about their race/color/gender, etc. The Dems push this trash "first black whatever" to fire up their base. Remember, Dems operate on feelings, not logic.
    ^^^THIS^^^

The left's race/identity politics is a spin-off of the same s**t as the KKK's racism, just like antifa are fascists, no less than nazis

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For Georgia's sake, I hope she loses. This gal is all for mandatory confiscation of anything she wants to rename an assault weapon. I just read an article about her on Flipboard earlier today that gave details of the bill she supported that would have done all that and more.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For Georgia's sake, I hope she loses. This gal is all for mandatory confiscation of anything she wants to rename an assault weapon. I just read an article about her on Flipboard earlier today that gave details of the bill she supported that would have done all that and more.

This.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Why the focus on demographics? What is her stance on the issues most important to the State she will represent? Will she exercise the duties of her office fairly and faithfully, and will she abide to the letter and spirit of her oath of office?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why the focus on demographics? What is her stance on the issues most important to the State she will represent? Will she exercise the duties of her office fairly and faithfully, and will she abide to the letter and spirit of her oath of office?
    I guess the point of one focusing on demographics is if it represents the type of issues she feels are most important to those demographics in the State she represents.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not disputing this, but the Republicans regularly do the same.

Yeah, pretty much, but I'd say "emotion" is a better word. The leaders on the right tend to use fear and disgust vs the left's touchy-feely egalitarian heartstrings. Both use subjective morality.

Top Bottom