• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from voting in Pike Twp at Fishback Creek Public Academy at 86th and Lafayette Rd in Indy.

Got in line at 5:40am, and the line waiting to get in was already 50 feet long or so.

By the time they opened at 6:00am, the line was at least 150 feet long.

I got right in, HAPPILY showed them my picture ID, then voted with a paper ballot that was fed into a reader when I left.

Was in my car leaving by 6:10am.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :rockwoot:

I did early voting last week. There were about a dozen folks who filed in while I was there.

Photo ID voting...the bane of the Democratic base.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got to my polling place just as they opened the doors. Probably 75-100 people in line, but it moved quickly and I was back home before 6:30.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I voted at the Harrodsburg Community Building this morning. The whole process took 17 minutes from start to finish. I didn't do a head count, but there were several people there bright and early. I even heard one of the workers comment about it being a good turnout for six in the morning.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Got in and out within ten minutes. The Poll worker at the door remarked that my driver's license was expired, yet was willing to let me advance. I thought the ID had to be current to be valid? In any event I pointed out to him this was only 2018 and I still had a year to go which cleared up his confusion, but not mine?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Got my vote in. Hope it didn’t affect the libertarian candidate.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Voted ~8AM. Lots of people outside trying to hand out voting info cards, kiss babies and shake hands. Not many people inside.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wife left for the airport at 4:00 AM, I couldn’t get back to sleep when she left, got up, had breakfast, and watched Clash of the titans until the polls opened. I was #23 to vote at our place a few minutes after 6:00. Everybody had to show an ID, which was scanned onto an IPad and then you signed on the screen. I was back on the couch and watching Everybody loves Raymond by 6:20.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    5:55AM, 9th in line, Lafayette City Hall.

Only issue was they acted shocked when I announced a write in vote. People here must not write in.

Got it handled.

I'm curious what the process is for a write in vote. Especially on the electronic voting machines, but also paper ballots. IIRC when we had paper ballots there was no space for a write in and I know there isn't one on the electronic ones. And for the paper how does the scanner read it?

Got in and out within ten minutes. The Poll worker at the door remarked that my driver's license was expired, yet was willing to let me advance. I thought the ID had to be current to be valid? In any event I pointed out to him this was only 2018 and I still had a year to go which cleared up his confusion, but not mine?

It can be expired, but only by so long. Also you can vote without an ID on a provisional ballot. If you cast a provisional ballot you have to go in within a certain time frame to the clerks office and provide proof of eligibility.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious what the process is for a write in vote. Especially on the electronic voting machines, but also paper ballots. IIRC when we had paper ballots there was no space for a write in and I know there isn't one on the electronic ones. And for the paper how does the scanner read it?
    -snip-

We had paper ballots where I voted in Pike Twp in Indy.
    Not all races had a space for a write-in vote.

But I did do a write-in for 5th District Representative.
    I wrote in MY OWN name, as I trust myself infinitely more than I ever trusted Susan Brooks or any Democrat.

YET, Brooks will win despite my vote, so there was no reason to dirty myself.

In my case, voting for 5th District Representative, it was a choice of Susan Brooks(R) and Dee Thornton(D), BOTH leftist anti-2nd Amendment types.
    I've never voted Democrat for this race, and I always voted for Dan Burton when he held the seat because his voting record was good.
    BUT I've never voted for Susan Brooks, and likely never will.
    Her endorsement by comrade Chris Christie R-New Jersey was all i needed to see who she is.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Footnote.
    Was talking to my left wing aunt a few minutes ago on the phone.
    She asks "So you voted for Donnelly didn't you?"
    I replied, "No".
    "You mean you voted for that Republican!!?" she said.
    "Yes, So are you gonna disown me? :):"
    She got pissed off and hung up!
    Leftists are so intolerant.
    God help us if they ever get control of this country.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I just got back, one person in front of me who walked in in front of me. No wait for the machines. When I left there were 3 in line waiting to be checked in. They said they had been steady most of the day, with a few instances of nobody there for a few minutes and a few times of turn around and there we're 15 in line.

We had paper ballots where I voted in Pike Twp in Indy.
    Not all races had a space for a write-in vote.

But I did do a write-in for 5th District Representative.
    I wrote in MY OWN name, as I trust myself infinitely more than I ever trusted Susan Brooks or any Democrat.

YET, Brooks will win despite my vote, so there was no reason to dirty myself.

They don't have paper ballots anymore where I'm at. At least not for regular voting, I'm sure mail in is paper.

On the machines there were a couple of races that had a box for write in, but I think in IN for it to be an "official" write in vote and to be counted there is a process to get your name added as a "write in". Never seen it before, I'm guessing none of the elections I've voted in had any "official write in" candidates before. Or I just missed them.

Top Bottom