• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK, I'm not sure if anyone else cares, but we have ourselves a weird situation up here.

While the rest of the state celebrates (or bemoans) Mike Braun's win, not a single vote from Porter County for ANY race has been tallied yet. Not federal, not state, not local.

[h=1]UPDATE: Porter County election results not expected until at least Thursday; voters planning protest Wednesday afternoon[/h]
    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...6efdfd562.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

It all started with a change of oversight of the election. It was shifted from the county voter registration office to the Porter County Election Board, a move allowed by state law. As the County Election Board is controlled by Republicans, the Democrats argues against this and it has been a broo-ha-ha.

So Yesterday, several polling places opened late. Sounds like basic ineptitude to me, by who, I don't know.

This resulted in a run to Judge Bradford (good guy) for a court order that these polling places stay open later. Makes sense to me.

However, apparently the early voting and absentee ballots were supposed to be delivered to the polling places to be counted at some point yesterday. I am unclear on when it was supposed to happen, but the Democrats were claiming that it happened late, or not at all while the polls were open. They ran to Judge Jent (no comment) for a court order that all the early voting and absentee ballots be counted before releasing any results, which, I guess, is not the way it is usually done. Combine this and a dozen polling places being open late and it ended up that all the ballots were locked away overnight with no counting getting underway until today.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the County Election Board did not exercise the organization and oversight it should have, but that there are also forces who were determined to make sure this process DID NOT go smoothly because the last thing they wanted was this change in oversight in the election to go well.

I have no reason to think the votes themselves are being tampered with, but every reason to think that there are those who are quite pleased with the chaos.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OK, I'm not sure if anyone else cares, but we have ourselves a weird situation up here.

While the rest of the state celebrates (or bemoans) Mike Braun's win, not a single vote from Porter County for ANY race has been tallied yet. Not federal, not state, not local.

UPDATE: Porter County election results not expected until at least Thursday; voters planning protest Wednesday afternoon

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...6efdfd562.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

It all started with a change of oversight of the election. It was shifted from the county voter registration office to the Porter County Election Board, a move allowed by state law. As the County Election Board is controlled by Republicans, the Democrats argues against this and it has been a broo-ha-ha.

So Yesterday, several polling places opened late. Sounds like basic ineptitude to me, by who, I don't know.

This resulted in a run to Judge Bradford (good guy) for a court order that these polling places stay open later. Makes sense to me.

However, apparently the early voting and absentee ballots were supposed to be delivered to the polling places to be counted at some point yesterday. I am unclear on when it was supposed to happen, but the Democrats were claiming that it happened late, or not at all while the polls were open. They ran to Judge Jent (no comment) for a court order that all the early voting and absentee ballots be counted before releasing any results, which, I guess, is not the way it is usually done. Combine this and a dozen polling places being open late and it ended up that all the ballots were locked away overnight with no counting getting underway until today.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the County Election Board did not exercise the organization and oversight it should have, but that there are also forces who were determined to make sure this process DID NOT go smoothly because the last thing they wanted was this change in oversight in the election to go well.

I have no reason to think the votes themselves are being tampered with, but every reason to think that there are those who are quite pleased with the chaos.
    You mean Donnelly still has a chance?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No. I don't think they would have called the race unless their models showed that this one county would not have made a difference.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Same situation in Franklin, Carroll and Henry Counties. I can find "unofficial" results for Henry County but nothing official showing at any news site.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I was joking with my wife last night when Henry County was showing no results that they have to take the ballots to Indianapolis using a horse and carriage per County law. I think they could have tied them to a turtle and they would have made it by now.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've never heard of such delayed results before. Is that even legal? Seems very strange indeed. Apparently the Porter County totals would not be enough to make a difference in any of the more closely contested state races?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never heard of such delayed results before. Is that even legal? Seems very strange indeed. Apparently the Porter County totals would not be enough to make a difference in any of the more closely contested state races?

I'm guessing, but who knows.

There is a protest with about 8 busybodies chanting "count our votes" outside the county building....while, inside, are counting the votes.

Hmmm. Damning with no praise?

I said: NO COMMENT.

The guy replaced her when she retired (that's why she is a Pro-Tem)? He's a good guy.

The other judge in the Portage courthouse? Good guy.

Top Bottom