Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Florida Ballot Measure Amendment 4 - Felon Voting Rights

    What impact do you think this will have on the 2020 presidential election? Trump won Florida by less than 100,000 votes. Florida almost elected a socialist governor, but he lost by a 30,000 vote margin. This ballot measure, according to the media, will immediately restore the voting rights for 1.5 million former felons in the state of Florida. Do you think that is likely to turn it blue in the next election?

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...rights-results


    Election map without Florida:
    rBjDl.jpg

  2. #2
    Que
    Que is offline
    Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Que's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I’ve looked at this, but could never find out if they get their gun rights back. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? After all, whose to say the majority of them are Democrat?
    Rudeness is the weakest person's demonstration of strength.

  3. #3
    Master d.kaufman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I’ve looked at this, but could never find out if they get their gun rights back. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? After all, whose to say the majority of them are Democrat?
    My thoughts are the same. If you're going to restore one right, shouldn't they all be restored?
    If you are against felons being restored the right to vote, couldn't you use this argument, of restoring the right to bear arms, against the ones for restoring the right to vote.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster Timjoebillybob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    How much effect do you think felons being allowed to vote has had in Indiana? Indiana is less restrictive than Fl even with this amendment passing. If you're not currently incarcerated in IN you can vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I’ve looked at this, but could never find out if they get their gun rights back. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? After all, whose to say the majority of them are Democrat?
    I don't believe it effects their gun rights, just voting. But yes, I agree and have said it before. When they are free they should have all the rights of a free man.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    My thoughts are the same. If you're going to restore one right, shouldn't they all be restored?
    If you are against felons being restored the right to vote, couldn't you use this argument, of restoring the right to bear arms, against the ones for restoring the right to vote.
    Yep.

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Most people seem to express the opinion that once you are released from prison you've done your time and shouldn't have restrictions on your basic rights such as voting or firearm access. But it will be interesting to see the impact of how such people are likely to vote. I've seen a lot of folks on Twitter assuming that it will likely lead to more Democrat votes, but there doesn't seem to be any definitive evidence to suggest that.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster Timjoebillybob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by wakproductions View Post
    Most people seem to express the opinion that once you are released from prison you've done your time and shouldn't have restrictions on your basic rights such as voting or firearm access. But it will be interesting to see the impact of how such people are likely to vote. I've seen a lot of folks on Twitter assuming that it will likely lead to more Democrat votes, but there doesn't seem to be any definitive evidence to suggest that.
    I've seen people assuming it as well, but once again how much impact would you say it has had here in Indiana? We have some of the "loosest" felon voting laws around. As long as you aren't currently incarcerated you can vote, parole/probation good to go. I think there may be a couple of states that allow voting while incarcerated, but not sure and am too lazy to check right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is house arrest in Indiana. No idea if it counts as "incarcerated" or not.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    ...whose to say the majority of them are Democrat?
    That's what the Democrats seem to be claiming, so I guess you're right. We can't trust that alone.
    "Research just slows the funny down." - Dr.Midnight

  8. #8
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I’ve looked at this, but could never find out if they get their gun rights back. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? After all, whose to say the majority of them are Democrat?
    As far as I can tell the amendment only affects voting rights, but says nothing of gun rights. https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Amen...tiative_(2018)

    And you're right - there's no reason to make a presumption that those would be mostly Democrat votes. We'll find out in 2020.

  9. #9
    Master 1DOWN4UP's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    An Avis employee just found more votes in the back of a rental car at Ft.Lauderdale airport.
    Better to go Kamikaze than to go the Flamethrower in a cave treatment! Miguel

  10. #10
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DOWN4UP View Post
    An Avis employee just found more votes in the back of a rental car at Ft.Lauderdale airport.
    "When you're number two, you try harder."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •