• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It seems very clear that the House Dems can't wait to initiate a ton of investigations of Trump. For some reason they are obsessed with his tax returns for openers. He did kind of mention that investigations can be a two way street but I don't think the left is listening.

So..how will Trump handle these left wing attacks from the low life Dems in the House? I'd like to see him have a team of lawyers put together a file of potential investigations the Senate could launch against Holder, Clinton, Lynch, Lois Lerner and a host of others that under Obama's rule have committed crimes. He then presents the file to the House Dem leaders and tells them that if they start any crap on him, here is how I will deal with it. The Dems in the file will beg the House Dems to leave Trump alone so they themselves won't have any light shined on them.

Kind of, if you sow the wind, you may reap the whirlwind. Personally, I think they would be fools to push Trump too hard. Anyone else see it this way?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The whole point of the investigations is to be able to tag "under investigation" to every critique and/or counter to any issue or anything he does.

Communicate with Russian government?... That's suspicious, he's under investigation for that!
    Call for tax reform and end tax cheats?... That's hypocritical, he's under investigation for that!
    Call for bill restrict employment of illegals?... That's hypocritical, he's under investigation for that!

Then...

Try and fill a position or vacancy?... He shouldn't be able do that HE"S UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR X,Y, & Z!!!

Finally...

"We found an double negative in a sworn testimony, THAT MEANS HE LIED!... IMPEACH!!!"

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    His lawyers should just state “executive privilege” to all House requests and cease to comment further after that. If they try a subpoena, then just ignore it like the dems did to all the Republican investigations and continue going about the MAGA efforts.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sessions would not investigate the FISA FBI application.I think after the House gets the investigations rolling, the Senate will give the people some long awaited answers on the FISA,FBI involvment,and then the house investigations will crumble.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So..how will Trump handle these left wing attacks from the low life Dems in the House? I'd like to see him have a team of lawyers put together a file of potential investigations the Senate could launch against Holder, Clinton, Lynch, Lois Lerner and a host of others that under Obama's rule have committed crimes.

Q's been saying that's the plan since last year. Still waiting for DECLAS to drop. Still waiting for all those sealed indictments to unseal. Either this Q stuff is real and they are getting the pieces in place to put all those crooks in jail, or Trump is as embattled as CNN says and we're all f'ed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 7.15.16 PM.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It would be nice to see the House make Trump's commitment to release his tax returns come true.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A naive question perhaps but what exactly is the infatuation with a president's tax returns? I understand that several willingly provided them but it isn't a requirement for the job. I'm guessing fishing expedition perhaps? The salmon may be running but it's still a fishing expedition. Or not?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A naive question perhaps but what exactly is the infatuation with a president's tax returns? I understand that several willingly provided them but it isn't a requirement for the job. I'm guessing fishing expedition perhaps? The salmon may be running but it's still a fishing expedition. Or not?

You get an idea who a person owes money too, which potentially could influence behavior of the elected official that would benefit the owed business, and also himself. Conflicts of interest, gifts received, money given to charities, etc, etc.

Sapper32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2018
    Saint John
    I think it'll just be finger pointing and speculations between the house and trump's people for the next two years. Hopefully the lame duck RINO's wont do something stupid on the way out.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

They want to leak them to news generators to spin things into more anti-Trump rhetoric. That's what it's all about.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It seems very clear that the House Dems can't wait to initiate a ton of investigations of Trump. For some reason they are obsessed with his tax returns for openers. He did kind of mention that investigations can be a two way street but I don't think the left is listening.

So..how will Trump handle these left wing attacks from the low life Dems in the House? I'd like to see him have a team of lawyers put together a file of potential investigations the Senate could launch against Holder, Clinton, Lynch, Lois Lerner and a host of others that under Obama's rule have committed crimes. He then presents the file to the House Dem leaders and tells them that if they start any crap on him, here is how I will deal with it. The Dems in the file will beg the House Dems to leave Trump alone so they themselves won't have any light shined on them.

Kind of, if you sow the wind, you may reap the whirlwind. Personally, I think they would be fools to push Trump too hard. Anyone else see it this way?

It seems if there is evidence of crimes having been committed, the DoJ should be directed to act appropriately based on that evidence, regardless of whether the new House leadership might cause trouble for Trump.

To stall such action just to have ammo should the Dems give him trouble does, however, sound like politics as usual.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The resist crowd will do anything and say anything to get one up on the president. In their tiny minds, resist won't let Trump win, even though he clearly has.

From making up fake news on Russia, Russia, Russia, to sacrificing fools to lie about the president's supreme court nominees, to exposing their age old election fraud, nothing stops them. They cannot learn.

The difficulty for resist is that the president is smarter than them.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If the democrats force the "release your tax returns" issue I believe they will lose in the courts.

The president is under NO legal obligation to do so. It has been a sign of courtesy of presidents and elected officials for many year, but there is no legal requirement to do this. (Caveat: Some(?) states may require it, but the feds do not)

There may(?) be a legal requirement for cabinet positions to release tax returns but my memory of this is not 100%

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the democrats force the "release your tax returns" issue I believe they will lose in the courts.

The president is under NO legal obligation to do so. It has been a sign of courtesy of presidents and elected officials for many year, but there is no legal requirement to do this. (Caveat: Some(?) states may require it, but the feds do not)

There may(?) be a legal requirement for cabinet positions to release tax returns but my memory of this is not 100%

Regards,

Doug

Watkins v US protects US citizens from disclosing tax returns "just because," but the House may obtain them for legitimate investigations. Though may may disagree, one may believe that their are several legitimate investigations of the president ongoing currently. It's a fight that may go to the Supreme Court, and I don't necessarily believe that all the GOP appointed justices (even the ones Trump appointed) will necessarily protect him, if they believe those investigations have merit.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Watkins v US protects US citizens from disclosing tax returns "just because," but the House may obtain them for legitimate investigations. Though may may disagree, one may believe that their are several legitimate investigations of the president ongoing currently. It's a fight that may go to the Supreme Court, and I don't necessarily believe that all the GOP appointed justices (even the ones Trump appointed) will necessarily protect him, if they believe those investigations have merit.

Right. I agree with this. This question is IF there is a real investigation. IF local LE investigates me for drug smuggling or racketeering or something like that they can also see my tax returns.

However, many are PO'ed just because he hasn't followed a tradition that is not legally required. This is what I hear many of them bemoaning. "He said he would release them but he hasn't.waaa We're gonna MAKE him now!:tantrum:" He lied. I don't like it but they ALL lie about things. They can't make him due to tradition alone. That's all I'm saying.

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Try and fill a position or vacancy?... He shouldn't be able do that HE"S UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR X,Y, & Z!!!

I'm not seeing how a House investigation can impact Senate advise and consent, other than giving Dem senators something different to complain about.

It shouldn't impact the actual vote.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not seeing how a House investigation can impact Senate advise and consent, other than giving Dem senators something different to complain about.

It shouldn't impact the actual vote.
    It shouldn't and probably won't, as long as McConnell runs the Senate. But I remember hearing the exact comment about the SCOTUS appointment, from I believe Schumer. The Senate shouldn't consider any appointments from Trump while he is under investigation by Mueller.

Top Bottom