• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...onVVWFDKJ4zqyOolZHGu6NfRnr5-VYYn7hKl5_cPsHPBw
    Seattle Cops Leaving For Neighboring Agency, Mayor Calls Them 'Mall Cops'

“It backfired… it absolutely did,” another officer told KTTH. “She called Port of Seattle cops ‘mall cops’ that don’t really do real police work. She was trying to make it sound like the only place you can make a difference is in Seattle. You can’t make a difference anywhere else. She (said that she) ran into a Port of Seattle officer and she knew they left SPD… and referred to them as a joke.”

Her comments fell flat in a room of officers who were considering their own futures with the Seattle PD.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seattle PD must REALLY be hurting. I see a billboard headed south on shadeland near Brookville rd that they are having a hiring fair here in Indy. How bad can it be that they have to do a nationwide recruitment blitz to poach officers from other departments?

Apparently pretty damned bad if officers are leaving in droves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seattle PD must REALLY be hurting. I see a billboard headed south on shadeland near Brookville rd that they are having a hiring fair here in Indy. How bad can it be that they have to do a nationwide recruitment blitz to poach officers from other departments?

Apparently pretty damned bad if officers are leaving in droves.

Think about the politics involved. It can not be a good place to be.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...onVVWFDKJ4zqyOolZHGu6NfRnr5-VYYn7hKl5_cPsHPBw
    Seattle Cops Leaving For Neighboring Agency, Mayor Calls Them 'Mall Cops'

“It backfired… it absolutely did,” another officer told KTTH. “She called Port of Seattle cops ‘mall cops’ that don’t really do real police work. She was trying to make it sound like the only place you can make a difference is in Seattle. You can’t make a difference anywhere else. She (said that she) ran into a Port of Seattle officer and she knew they left SPD… and referred to them as a joke.”

Her comments fell flat in a room of officers who were considering their own futures with the Seattle PD.

I've always had the ability to distinguish a management style from a personality disorder. Obviously I'm not the only one with that ability.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've always had the ability to distinguish a management style from a personality disorder. Obviously I'm not the only one with that ability.

Yeah, if that ability hadn't been finely honed when you joined the USAF, it surely was by the time you left the service :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, if that ability hadn't been finely honed when you joined the USAF, it surely was by the time you left the service :)

Started to get a good edge when I was at Child Craft (then Smith Cabinet) in Salem. Honed to razor-sharpness from 86-07 in the USAF. After over 11 years in Civil Service I can see it with my eyes closed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Any place that is continually hiring usually has a problem with their institutional culture.

I'm not sure that applies in LE. Most large metro agencies are continuously running a hiring/training process. The past ten+ years have seen a significant decline in qualified candidates showing an interest in the job. Keeping up with demand is becoming a significant challenge.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not sure that applies in LE. Most large metro agencies are continuously running a hiring/training process. The past ten+ years have seen a significant decline in qualified candidates showing an interest in the job. Keeping up with demand is becoming a significant challenge.

Kinda seeing the same thing at the steel mill.
    LOT of guys retiring.
    Have a hard time finding people that can pass the drug test.
    Many who can, attend the introduction safety class (one or two weeks), and quit before the class is over.
    We can't find people that know how to use a wrench and a screwdriver.
    ETC.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    LOT of guys retiring.
    Many who can, attend the introduction safety class (one or two weeks), and quit before the class is over.
    ETC.

Everyone knows you have to go to college and get an office job "professional career" if you want to get anywhere in life. Trades are for lesser people and the tiniest problem like a twisted ankle and you're out of a job, broke, on the street. At least that's the tune I heard growing up.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Seattle is one of those great places where the criminals are just misunderstood, and the homeless are just underprivileged.

Who in their right mind would want to work as a police officer in that environment?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Lived in Seattle for 5 years, late 70's. Loved that area. It is a crazy boathouse now. Sad.

Don
    I had to go to Ft Lewis several years ago to work the big ROTC mission before it moved to Knox, I spent a lot of time in Seattle and it seemed okay, but I was mostly around the touristy downtown/fish market area. I did go on a day off to the Seattle Trap and Skeet Club and shoot some trap, the people there were very friendly and I had some good conversations. There's some great history in that club in that it was started by Boeing employees on company property and was part of their 'recreation' activities.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    LOT of guys retiring.
    ETC.
    The mere expectation of sobriety seems to have completely collapsed in the last few years.

IMO this is the downstream result of "college for all". Nobody wants to sweat in a mill anymore, they want to sit at home in PJs and do BS jobs on the computer.

Spoken as an ex trades worker and current lazy officeboi, I know I don't want to do that crap anymore. Had my fill of working with scummy people, tearing my hands and arms up, roasting in the summer, and freezing in the winter.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Everyone has been receiving a "free rider benefit" from the fact that in the past, society had traditional, law-and-order values, and it helped create a liveable society. Now, reality is looking the social policy elites in the face and saying, "You didn't build that."

Top Bottom