Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just as I feared when Roger Ailes left, Fox News has moved left. Once the most balanced news reporting of any media out there the handing over of control to the sons has accelerated the movement.

It it was annoying when people would say that Fox is right wing because they have some conservative opinion/editorial shows. Their hard news coverage has been fair consistently. Their crime in left circles is allowing conservative opinion at all, and for that they are called right wing.

Are others seeing eking the same thing?

MM

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What are they doing that you see as liberal? I haven't watched cable news in many years.

First, it is an overall feeling, not a poke in the eye, that said, their straight news show with Bret Baier has moved to more left guests and topics, he also has complained about having to "explain" Hannity to people.

MM

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bret Baier, Shep Smith, Chris Wallace, Dana Perino and many of the B team weekend/holiday anchors have the "smarter than you," nevertrump snark.

They are just a sampling of those that are difficult to watch.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I quit watching most of them several years ago, I do record Mark Levin's show, but that is not news. I occasionally watch Lou Dobbs on Fox Business and that's about it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    A lot of FNC anchors cannot stand the president. Like some of our own INGO nevertrumpers, they push their narative to the point of siding with the enemy.

The enemy? I think that you might be overstating that.

Trump tried to change the law re: [STRIKE]amnesty[/STRIKE] asylum by his own declaration. There's a name for the leader of a country who dictates the law.
    Fortunately we have an independent judiciary that has stopped it.

Not sure how Fox News has been addressing that situation, but I will say that disagreeing with Trump sometimes is not the equivalent of being liberal or siding with the enemy.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Trump tried to change the law re: amnesty by his own declaration. There's a name for the leader of a country who dictates the law.

Not sure how Fox News has been addressing that situation, but I will say that disagreeing with Trump sometimes is not the equivalent of being liberal or siding with the enemy.
    "amnesty by his own declaration" What is this referring to exactly? Just seeking a little clarification.. Thanks.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Trump tried to change the law re: amnesty by his own declaration. There's a name for the leader of a country who dictates the law.

Please show your post where you condemned the Obama amnesty executive orders? You really believe that independent judiciary line?

Nothing independent about the judiciary at any level. Humans are incapable of being free of influence and opinion. Local judge knows prosecutor, defense, and something of the parties. Even if they didn't they will instantly decide whether they like the people involved. It goes all the way to the top.

A preponderance of of the evidence shows clearly that the 9th circuit is the most overturned court in the country and the open border crowd wants to judge shop there. They do not want these weighty decisions decided even by the generally liberal DC court.

MM

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    "amnesty by his own declaration" What is this referring to exactly? Just seeking a little clarification.. Thanks.

The law, properly passed and signed, says that foreign nationals may seek asylum in the United States regardless of their immigration status. Trump has tried to unilaterally change that to prevent anyone from seeking asylum in the United States.
    When a foreign leader dictates the law, we tend to call that leader a dictator. Trump tried to dictate a change in the law on amnesty.

We don't want a president who acts like a dictator, no matter how much or little we agree with his policies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just as I feared when Roger Ailes left, Fox News has moved left. Once the most balanced news reporting of any media out there the handing over of control to the sons has accelerated the movement.

It it was annoying when people would say that Fox is right wing because they have some conservative opinion/editorial shows. Their hard news coverage has been fair consistently. Their crime in left circles is allowing conservative opinion at all, and for that they are called right wing.

Are others seeing eking the same thing?

MM

I honestly chuckled when I read that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The law, properly passed and signed, says that foreign nationals may seek asylum in the United States regardless of their immigration status. Trump has tried to unilaterally change that to prevent anyone from seeking asylum in the United States.
    When a foreign leader dictates the law, we tend to call that leader a dictator. Trump tried to dictate a change in the law on amnesty.

We don't want a president who acts like a dictator, no matter how much or little we agree with his policies.

Pelosi/Schumer talking points. Hmmm...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Please show your post where you condemned the Obama amnesty executive orders?

I didn't need to. Plenty of people here made the arguments.
    (I may have at some point. I'm not a Democrat. But I don't generally feel the need to speak up when what I'm going to say matches what everyone is already saying.)

You really believe that independent judiciary line?

Nothing independent about the judiciary at any level. Humans are incapable of being free of influence and opinion. Local judge knows prosecutor, defense, and something of the parties. Even if they didn't they will instantly decide whether they like the people involved. It goes all the way to the top.

You seem to misunderstand what an independent judiciary means. It doesn't mean that the judges aren't people. It means that they can follow what they believe the law to be without regard for what their decisions will mean at election time or to powerful politicians in the other branches of government.

There's no such thing as a person who hasn't been influenced. If there were, we wouldn't need panels of judges.

That perfection is impossible doesn't mean that everything is a complete waste.

A preponderance of of the evidence shows clearly that the 9th circuit is the most overturned court in the country and the open border crowd wants to judge shop there. They do not want these weighty decisions decided even by the generally liberal DC court.

It's not a matter of what we want the law to be. It's a matter of what the law is, and the law allows amnesty.

Have you considered why there are so many refugees from Honduras? It's because the U.S. (during the Obama administration, with significant leadership of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton) functionally backed a military overthrow of the elected government.
    These people are fleeing an awful situation that our government helped to create. And they are doing it in a way that is within current U.S. law.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Immigration and Naturalization Act, section 212(f) says...

f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President.
    Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

I guess we'll see if that means what it says.

Also, see Sale v. Haitian Centers Council, Inc. Part of that says that if the "refugees" haven't yet set foot on our soil, they aren't protected.

Hence we stop them on the OTHER side of the border.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Incorrect. What Trump has tried to correct is the current process where immigrant jumps the border and attempts to infiltrate the country, but plan B is to claim asylum if they get caught. Trump merely seeks to impose order on the process. If you have a valid asylum claim, you should have no qualm about presenting it through regular channels at a designated point of entry. If you do not do so, you should not be able to claim asylum when your attempt at illegal entry is interdicted. By no means is he outlawing asylum claims, he is merely trying to cut down on abuse of the process

LMAO at the 9th circuit as an example of an independent judiciary

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

You used the word “amnesty” Hence my need for clarification. Maybe you meant “asylum” Is there not a difference?

Top Bottom