• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Certainly not sad to see this. After their decision to pull certain types of firearms, I made the decision to stop shopping there.

I'm fortunate that Cabela's is right around the corner locally. While I don't necessarily like the direction Bass Pro is taking Cabela's (less hunting/reloading gear, more casual clothing, toys, etc...), they are still a better alternative than Dick's.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I spent $500 there this weekend. I felt OK about it. I was disappointed they did not have stand-alone 45 pound Olympic barbells though

We got a great deal on a bicycle for my son.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Noted in the article that the company was described as "overweight". I wonder if that's a kind term for an over paid top heavy management that changes policy to impress a young Starbucks barista.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I spent $500 there this weekend. I felt OK about it. I was disappointed they did not have stand-alone 45 pound Olympic barbells though

Well :poop: doc. :xmad:

Would have expected you to be the last to not understand this. :dunno:

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Glad you got a deal Doc! I'm certainly not one to tell others how to spend their hard earned dollars.

On a side note, Bob Block in Castleton can set you up with a barbell (although prepare for sticker shock). I picked up my York Olympic bar and weight set from Craigslist several years ago for less than the price of a new bar. I believe Play it Again Sports also sells both new and used bars as well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Stopped doing business there completely and not going back.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    nQU44Cz.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well :poop: doc. :xmad:

Would have expected you to be the last to not understand this. :dunno:

Oh I understand the issue. I also had a great coupon and they had a great sale. While there I bought a compound bow on amazon cheaper than they sold it, despite my deal.

the world isn’t going to change based on where I buy my clothing :dunno:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Needed new running shoes a few months ago. Used to go to Dick's, ordered them online from Amazon instead.

That said, our local Dick's (Evansville) had a long line for doorbuster deals Thanksgiving evening. Plenty of folks don't care about ARs but still care about how much money they save. The SJWs certainly love Dick's precisely for their stance on guns.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The article pointed out that "Black Friday" sales serve to reduce inventory but, due to pricing, do little for the bottom line. If Dick's go the way of Galyan's nothing will change in my world.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Oh I understand the issue. I also had a great coupon and they had a great sale. While there I bought a compound bow on amazon cheaper than they sold it, despite my deal.

the world isn’t going to change based on where I buy my clothing :dunno:

That's a ridiculous statement coming from a smart man. How is it you think Dicks decided to stop selling AR's to begin with? A few loudmouths, many who probably never would have shopped there anyway. threatened to quit buying their clothes there. Your dollar bills are fiscal votes, just like ballots are political votes and you just cast 500 votes for gun control.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's a ridiculous statement coming from a smart man. How is it you think Dicks decided to stop selling AR's to begin with? A few loudmouths, many who probably never would have shopped there anyway. threatened to quit buying their clothes there. Your dollar bills are fiscal votes, just like ballots are political votes and you just cast 500 votes for gun control.

“Gun control”?

dicks being in business limits my ability to buy a gun?

i watch movies with actors in them who are anti-gun. I eat at restaurants run by people who don’t want me to have a gun. I buy clothes at stores whose CEO thinks ARs are evil.

did I just fail the ingo purity test? Whoops. At least I OC’d under my jacket at a Simon property while “voting for gun control” with my dollars.

under armour sells at dick’s. Should we boycott the brand? Where does the purity test end?

oops, I also admitted I visited a Simon mall property. I also work at a place that does not allow guns. Damn me and my hypocrisy

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    “Gun control”?

dicks being in business limits my ability to buy a gun?

i watch movies with actors in them who are anti-gun. I eat at restaurants run by people who don’t want me to have a gun. I buy clothes at stores whose CEO thinks ARs are evil.

did I just fail the ingo purity test? Whoops. At least I OC’d under my jacket at a Simon property while “voting for gun control” with my dollars.

under armour sells at dick’s. Should we boycott the brand? Where does the purity test end?

oops, I also admitted I visited a Simon mall property. I also work at a place that does not allow guns. Damn me and my hypocrisy

Were you not aware of the fact that they also paid for anti gun lobbying in DC? Yes sir, you ABSOLUTELY voted for gun control.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...-sporting-goods-hire-lobbyists-on-gun-control

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My life is so much more relaxed since I chose to stop being so riled up all the time. I highly recommend it.

but no, I did not know they hired anti-gun lobbyists. What have those efforts led to? I only see articles mentioning it over a three day period.

Are their employees also fascists? Because I know several and actually ate dinner with one! :runaway:

Just how deep does the Hoosierdoc rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

Edit: watched a few NFL games each of the last few seasons :runaway:

i bought some paper at target last year :runaway:

i sold something on ebay :runaway:

i use google as my search engine :runaway:

i often fill my vehicles with Citgo gas :runaway:

I just got a Citibank credit card for airline miles :runaway:

if i need to be shootered for the cause, fire it up

Last edited:
    Top Bottom