• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is it just me, or has everyone lost their flippin minds?

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. – The discovery of a small plastic Tupperware container with eight to ten unspent rounds of .45 caliber ammunition inside prompted a morning lockdown at Zionsville West Middle School on Thursday, school officials said.

The ammunition container was found in the snow along a parking lot adjacent to the school around 8 a.m., as about 1,100 students and faculty were arriving to start their day.

Superintendent Scott Robison said the unusual discovery was made during a routine security check of school grounds, and authorities “determined that an abundance of caution was appropriate in going to lockdown.”

As sheriff’s deputies made a complete sweep of the campus perimeter, officials used handheld metal detector wands to screen hundreds of students and staff before allowing them into the school building.

Robison described it as a “calm proceeding,” saying there were no other developments and adding it was “a normal day thereafter.”
    Authorities indicated there was no gun found at the scene, and an investigation determined the bullets had accidentally fallen out of the vehicle of a parent who was dropping off their child.

“The weapon associated with the inadvertently spilled ammunition container is at the family’s home and is secure,” Robison said in a statement.

“Luckily, at no time was anyone’s safety at risk here,” added Boone County Sheriff Mike Nielsen.

https://fox59.com/2018/12/06/zionsv...upperware-of-ammunition-discovered-on-campus/

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

But no explanation in the article about how law enforcement determined the firearm was secure in the owner’s home ? Without knowing the answer to this question I can only speculate if the owner could be in trouble for having the gun on school property when dropping off a student ?

Is the assumption a car door was opened, perhaps by a passenger, and the box just fell out unnoticed on the ground ?

And one last question - why is this in the political section ?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    But no explanation in the article about how law enforcement determined the firearm was secure in the owner’s home ? Without knowing the answer to this question I can only speculate if the owner could be in trouble for having the gun on school property when dropping off a student ?

Is the assumption a car door was opened, perhaps by a passenger, and the box just fell out unnoticed on the ground ?

Because everything on school property seems to be political these days.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Those were not “bullets” :dunno:

If they would've called them bullets somebody would've got the vapors. Maybe even gotten a little verklempt. That caught my eye when I read it. Now that I think about it, who the hell calls bullets "unspent rounds of ammunition"???

Edit: nobody claimed that one, or the writer is really named Web Admin.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I am starting to hate the phrase "abundance of caution" All it means is "I've lost my mind; lost my ability to reason; abandoned my sense of responsibility; all the above."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You'll enjoy the whole thing, but the relevant part starts at about 1:25.

[video=youtube;9zTi3NzMhrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTi3NzMhrA[/video]

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Well with all the crazy crap that goes on today I can understand why they reacted the way they did. If you find ammo on school grounds, you have to suspect that there may be a gun that goes with it. If they did not react the way they did and there was another school shooting then the S will hit fan in a big way! So sad that we have to react to these things today. Not long ago someone would have snatched up that free ammo and carried it home without a second thought, now we have to go ga ga over such things.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well to be fair it WAS 8 to 10 rounds of .45... I mean, the destructive potential was underestimated.
    I really don't know why bomb disposal wasn't called in. They dropped the ball here.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Parent who's ammo it was probably saw it on facebook or got a text notification about the lock down and realized it was theirs and called in to let them know what happened. At least that's my guess. As for getting in trouble, not if they have a LTCH, or it was a long gun.

But a tuppeware container? Was it a glock mag?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Monticello had a lock down because someone found a .22 lr round in the toilet this year. But I can't find an article about it.

I'll bet $20 that some kid discovered it in his pocket by mistake, said 'oh crap' and tried to flush it.

Thanks KellyInAvon, you actually made me look up the definition of 'verklempt'.

Top Bottom