• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump to announce Heather Nauert as pick for UN Ambassador
    ...President Trump will tweet Friday morning that he is nominating State Department Spokeswoman Heather Nauert to be the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, replacing outgoing official Nikki Haley, multiple sources tell Fox News.

Back in October, Nauert, a former Fox News host, was believed to be a "leading contender" for the position, sources familiar with the selection process said at the time...

trump-reportedly-wants-heather-nauert-to-be-the-next-u-n-ambassador.jpg

IMHO, a better looking Cameron diaz, with brains. ;)

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    She has some big shoes to fill as Nickki Haley is very well respected. From everything I have heard or read Heather can be just as tough.

I am glad Trump is giving her a chance, I hope she does well.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    No way he chooses her. He hates women!!! Why would he replace a woman he selected with another woman. FAKE NEWS!!!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Good pick IMO. Nikki Haley will leave big shoes to fill. I don't think she will be intimidated at all with the position. Her name has been going around for the job ever since Nikki Haley announced her resignation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut will be happy.....

She's insanely hot, but unqualified as hell. I think they're putting in this position because she won't be someone who demands to have her input heard, like Haley. She'll just be a mouthpiece with nothing of her own to input.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So a perfect pick then lol. The UN Is such a joke

I disagree. The UN gives nations a place to speak to each other in an open forum; and specifically gives smaller nations a platform to be heard when they have issues with larger, and more powerful, neighbors. To those of us living in the first world, we might not see the benefits, but they are there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What exactly are the qualifications?

I will take this question as being tongue in cheek, because while there a no "technical" qualifications listed, meaning a toddler could fill the position, I think one would generally have a fairly good idea of what unmentioned traits would make a UN Ambassador more capable than another.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I disagree. The UN gives nations a place to speak to each other in an open forum; and specifically gives smaller nations a platform to be heard when they have issues with larger, and more powerful, neighbors. To those of us living in the first world, we might not see the benefits, but they are there.

Yes, it gives them a chance to have up to 192 other countries say, "sucks to be you..."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lets skip over the impressive Nikki Haley and compare Heather Nauert to Samantha Power.

Sam did a lot for us didn't she? :n00b: Not to mention that seedy, if not illegal, unmasking biz? :nono::nono::nono:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lets skip over the impressive Nikki Haley and compare Heather Nauert to Samantha Power.

Sam did a lot for us didn't she? :n00b: Not to mention that seedy, if not illegal, unmasking biz? :nono::nono::nono:
    But she was more qualified.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:+1:

The UN was formed at the end of WW2 to avoid another world war, it has worked so far.

They do a lot for folks in poor countries too, like with their UNICEF program where they bring education to kids, and they keep the peace in some troubled regions of the world.

Top Bottom