• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    After looking over the weekend news, you would think the left is ready to incarcerate Trump any minute. Schiff looks like his head will explode. Should we start a thread and follow this?

Personally, I would hate to see them figure a way to remove him from office. That alone may trigger a lot of yellow vests. What the left doesn't seem to understand is that if Trump goes they get Pence. To me he is Trump without the drama.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Primus: They can impeach him but I seriously doubt they can convict him, so incarceration will have to wait

Secundus: If they get Trump; having succeeded, the same tactics will be turned on Pence (who admittedly will make a more difficult target). The disappointment among Trump's voters will cripple the Trumpublican Party. Real Republicans® will crawl out from under their rocks and attempt to take conservatives back to the glory days of vertebral insufficiency and feckless 'accomplishments'. It may be the apocalypse, or just the start of forty years (or more) of wandering in the wilderness

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The House Dems could possibly try go the impeachment route but that's as far as it would go. They don't have the Senate votes to give it teeth.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The excitement of the left and their media lapdogs is amazing. It's as if they caught Trump kicking puppies. I know they don't believe in Christ but it seems as if they still believe in Santa Claus.

What the left doesn't seem to understand is that if Trump goes they get Pence.

Wait a minute! I thought if we impeached Trump we would be able to inaugarate Hillary. I am so disappointed.

Apply gallons of purple as appropriate.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So what would they impeach Trump for? Making America Great Again?
    As much as the left complains about him, I still have yet to hear of anything to complain about. :dunno:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just my opinion, but I think just the attempt to impeach Donald Trump will cause unrest in the U.S. akin to the Viet Nam era war protests.
    It will be ugly, and possibly bloody.
    At any rate, I believe it would be a mistake that the Democratic party would regret for decades to come.

The U.S. electorate is not in the mood for such demagoguery, but I don't think the Dems understand that.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I don't see him going anywhere. I do see chaos for the next 2 years, major chaos. SO much so, it may backfire on the demoncrats.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Just my opinion, but I think just the attempt to impeach Donald Trump will cause unrest in the U.S. akin to the Viet Nam era war protests.
    At any rate, I believe it would be a mistake that the Democratic party would regret for decades to come.

The U.S. electorate is not in the mood for such demagoguery, but I don't think the Dems understand that.

While you speak logic, I know most voters don't have it. Just look at the Kavanaugh debacle and how the dems acted. And here we are with the house lost and barely kept the senate edge. People are lost and have no shame anymore. Once Trump is out of office and the dems have the house and senate, we're done as a country.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

Which electorate isn't in the mood? the 40% who are the DNC faithful who support sanders or occasio-cortez...retreads like maxine waters or pelosi, or islamist sympathizers like ellison or carson? Those people have been warming their hands around demagoguery like this for 2 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens when people who don't understand the governments rules will react after Trump is impeached for the 'high crime and misdemeanor' of being uncouth, and it doesn't get them anywhere.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Which electorate isn't in the mood? the 40% who are the DNC faithful who support sanders or occasio-cortez...retreads like maxine waters or pelosi, or islamist sympathizers like ellison or carson? Those people have been warming their hands around demagoguery like this for 2 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens when people who don't understand the governments rules will react after Trump is impeached for the 'high crime and misdemeanor' of being uncouth, and it doesn't get them anywhere.

I refer to the so-called "silent majority" who, in my opinion, are ready to be heard, instead of remaining silent.
    I could be wrong. Not like it'd be the first time.
    I'm also not likely to be the one saying, "I told you so...", but the sentiment remains.

I'm not advocating unrest. I just call them like I see them, and I've been around long enough to see where this is going...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Personally as a person who is not a fan. In my head best case scenario is we ride out the last of his term and vote him out. Pence will be equally terrible.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Personally as a person who is not a fan. In my head best case scenario is we ride out the last of his term and vote him out. Pence will be equally terrible.

Well his last term ends in 2024 and Pence just might run for president then.
    If Pence does even half as terrible as you think Trump did, we're going to be one hell of a country. :rockwoot:

Seriously though, what has Trump done that you dislike?
    I'm asking because I really don't know. The haters hate but they have never said why.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Personally, I do not see anything that the MSMBS and their political cronies the Democrats, ANTIFA can do that will keep the gimmie crowd from voting for them.

Those people think that the republicans really deserve what the progs are dishing out.

The cancer is spreading, the patient is on its last legs and holding on for dear life. The coffin is in town just waiting for the death rattle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Most of the more vocal "impeach Trump" people can't even name an actual crime to allege that he committed, much less identify any evidence to support a charge, much less a conviction.

Impeach him . . . for what?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Most of the more vocal "impeach Trump" people can't even name an actual crime to allege that he committed, much less identify any evidence to support a charge, much less a conviction.

Impeach him . . . for what?

It doesn't matter, it's all they have right now to keep all the good things out of the news.
    Historically low unemployment numbers
    Historically high work force participation rate
    Those are just two things that immediately come to mind.
    I don't like a lot of the things that are going on with this administration. The Department of justice is a joke at this point
    I hate trade wars, nobody wins, I'm willing to hold judgment to see how it all plays out. It seems that the US has been on the short end of these agreements for decades and this administration is trying to fix some of that.
    The next two years will be interesting, not much, if anything will get done on legislative side.
    I wonder how many times the government gets shut down

Top Bottom