Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can’t find a mention about atheism in that written diarrhea. Care to elaborate?

If you think I was saying that all atheists are radicals, you are reading something in for some reason. It is clear from this article that the radicals described have no "faith" but their own social activism. What would people idolizing the philosophies of Marx and Nietzsche be but atheist?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    four times, and I still don't see a reference to atheism?

It's possible they changed the online version?
    Ok. I misread “anarchist” I’m wounded. Carry on without me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and my point was not that atheism was the main issue. It's that these people, who obviously would view Judeo-Christian morality and observance of said religions as oppressive, are people of faith. In fact, their "faith" is at the center of what they are passionate about....but their passion breeds sadness and dissatisfaction.

Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    Aaaah, makes sense. Somehow.
    Oh well, radicals exist in all flavors.
    Being an atheist doesn’t make me a better person, but doesn’t make me a radical either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some atheist seem so focused on forcing their non belief on others is almost religion reversed. Instead of just ignoring others acts or displays of faith they feel compelled to stomp it out in order to satisfy themselves. Almost like the kid on the playground who is jealous that another kid got a new ball so he kicks it over the fence so no one can play.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Being an atheist doesn’t make me a better person, but doesn’t make me a radical either.

I get it. True radicals, as this article describe, are a loud, but small minority of any group.

It's more than a little disconcerting to me that what has to be a tiny, tiny, group of people control so much of the narrative and browbeat so many people into submission, all the while having a philosophy that can never lead to personal satisfaction. It can't. That's the point.

So why do so many people listen to them? Why would they want what these people are selling?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get it. True radicals, as this article describe, are a loud, but small minority of any group.

It's more than a little disconcerting to me that what has to be a tiny, tiny, group of people control so much of the narrative and browbeat so many people into submission, all the while having a philosophy that can never lead to personal satisfaction. It can't. That's the point.

So why do so many people listen to them? Why would they want what these people are selling?

It's not just radicals that are like this. Some people have a dark cloud that seems to follow them around. Some people do their darndest to make sure they stay under that cloud. They're not "happy" unless they're unhappy. Many (most?) times they're not happy until others are as unhappy as they are.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Some atheist seem so focused on forcing their non belief on others is almost religion reversed. Instead of just ignoring others acts or displays of faith they feel compelled to stomp it out in order to satisfy themselves. Almost like the kid on the playground who is jealous that another kid got a new ball so he kicks it over the fence so no one can play.

I’ve met a few of these over the years. I refer to them as evangelical atheists. They’re dead set on not believing and are going to stop you as well. Maybe missionary atheist is applicable here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    These people are mad and sad because they don't want to play the great game by the rules that operate for the rest of the world and have since time began. At 18 I was interested in making a buck and continuing in school so I could make more. Along the way in life I picked up some responsibilities that required some of those bucks, but I was glad to spend them. I made those bucks and continue to do so by providing people with money what they want, and they got their bucks probably by doing the same.

Maybe they are to stupid to realize in their angst that there's somebody making a buck off of them and their actions.

Always follow the money...

... that philosophy has served me well.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    YDuRvW8.jpg
    8564d1d02ff83bb8afb8897eedde6c4c.png
    4pa3f72jd7s11.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I’ve met a few of these over the years. I refer to them as evangelical atheists. They’re dead set on not believing and are going to stop you as well. Maybe missionary atheist is applicable here.

I'd rather the Jehovah's Witnesses knock on my door than talk with a proselytizing atheist. And I'm much closer in my religious beliefs to the atheist.:rolleyes:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Because their lives suck and they're looking for someone else to point their fingers at and someone else to pull them out.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There are radicals in virtually every belief whether it be religious, political, you name it. We only seem to recognize those with whom we vehemently disagree as radicals. Of course they may consider us radicals, also!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm ok with everyone believing how they want. Except for the known religion of terrorism as I've said before. But people need to realize that America was founded as a Christian nation whether they want to throw a fit about it or not. Just leave people alone. When I see people fighting to remove the 10 commandments from town squares and courthouses it just pisses ME off and I am not super religious at all. So they are not gaining any friends but I think the ones that pull those stunts just want attention that mommy and daddy never gave them growing up and even if it's bad attention they like it. We just need to start punching dip****s in the face again in this country. If they're atheists then it's not religious discrimination now is it?!!
    If you dont like something that doesnt affectyou, then shut your pie hole and crawl back into your cave and back on the internet and cry. Dont bother the people who make this country run,
    What does atheism breed? Folks like antifa.

Top Bottom