• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've begun to think the border wall is just a distraction.

Consider:
    Trump knows the Democrats and the press (same thing) hate him and will fight tooth and nail to stop his agenda.

He makes them think the border wall is the most important thing to him and they focus on it and talk about it constantly.

This shifts almost all reporting away from other things he wants to accomplish. Thus, he can stimulate business, reform trade agreements, cut taxes, lessen the threat from North Korea, reform regulations, etc, and nobody pays any attention because Amy Schumer's first cousin (once removed), Chuck, taunts, "Elections have consequences and Trump WILL NEVER GET HIS WALL!!!! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!"

I don't know if that makes the wall a red herring or a stalking horse.
    Maybe it's a stalking herring. Or it might be a red horse.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I would wager that prior to Trump taking office, the average Central-American citizen knew more detailed information about the administrative procedures of crossing the US border than the average American citizen. Be honest: had you even heard the term "chain migration" before Trump took office? What about the workings of the Asylum process?

Chances are, if you're not an immigration lawyer, these are things you knew little about. It was an atmosphere in which Presidents like Obama could steal the country blind. Things had to get completely out of hand before the story even broke.

Trump has changed that. We did not even learn half the legal specifics of what Obama had been doing with the border, until Trump came into office and created an uproar about it.

I think the Border Wall has value whether it gets implemented or not. If built, it makes things more difficult for a specific type of illegal entrant. And even if it doesn't, it forces the Angela Merkel bleeding hearts of America out into the open where everyone can see them, talk about them, and remark about the fact they exist, and in substantial numbers.

There are people who really believe America should be like a no-kill cat shelter, duty-bound to take in everyone. They just won't admit it, and are waiting for the "Overton Window" to open sufficiently for them to come out of the closet.

Trump has smoked these people out of hiding prematurely. We can finally get past the "Oh, nobody is in favor of open borders" dodge, and be honest about what many people in this country really believe.

So, win-win, in my opinion. I hope they keep fighting against it. They may very well stop it, but in the process, they are educating America. That's good. It's going to make it harder for every future American President to make quiet changes in border procedures without having to face voters about it. It's going to drive a further wedge between white blue-collar Democrats and candidates designed to deceive them, such as Joe Biden. In 2020, p
    eople are going to ask Candidate Biden questions about why these people should be allowed in. He's going to have to squirrel around and come up with an answer. People will be watching.

And that's all because of Trump. He shined a light on this issue, and the people who were benefiting from the situation are mad as hell about it. Europe is dealing with migration, and so will we. It's not going away. As a result of Trump, at least we'll be dealing with a more informed American public, instead of having our ignorance exploited and administratively taken advantage of by Presidents like Obama.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh, it will be built.
    He's got 6 more years to go.

When I ever fix my truck, I might take some tools down there and start on it myself. I'm not kidding. I'm sure there's others that feel the same and will follow.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would estimate that about 40% of the American population think and believe that illegal immigrants and illegal immigration is good.
    With terms like “no person is illegal” and everyone has a right to asylum ect. many Americans believe that everything will stay the same and everything will be ok.
    Some will tell you that the illegal just want a chance some indeed do just want a chance and many want a free ride.
    Try this one on many illegals are here for SS disability If you have a pending asylum claim and many other qualifying conditions you can apply and start drawing a check.
    Once you qualify you can return to your home country and still draw your check some situations require you to reenter the US on a regular basis some do not require it some have a 7 year limit on benefits if you don’t become a citizen but there are ways to restart the 7 year clock.
    Get this crap in order to draw to draw normal SS you have to work 40 quarters or 10 years. When you are a smart illegal you have a sponsor and a portion of the sponsors income goes into figuring up your quarters this can put you many years toward SS.

If nothing seems to work I have a fix if you claim you have been treated badly while in the US this is real I am not joking.

History of Battery and Cruelty for Immigrants
    As noted above, a history of battery and cruelty within the U.S. may extend SSI eligibility for those non-citizens who do not fit the above categories, and they may be a “deemed qualified alien”

• Applicants will need to know that this question about battery and cruelty will be asked and may need help in talking about their experiences
      • Question 13(a) on the SSA-8000 (SSI application) is the first question about this issue
      • Question 13(b) addresses whether or not a formal petition has been submitted with DHS for a change in immigration status because of battery or cruelty

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The wall has been the "bait" to draw out the creatures of the swamp. Right now, much of what we are seeing in the media and the markets, is push-back against the administration. It is going to get real interesting when the new Congress convenes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would estimate that about 40% of the American population think and believe that illegal immigrants and illegal immigration is good.
    With terms like “no person is illegal” and everyone has a right to asylum.

I was going with 35% that are sure and another 5 to 7% that can be swayed.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You know I wonder why anybody works it’s really disheartening when you pay into programs that are bent on giving away to those who are just here to cheat.

What Happens after Seven Years for those with time-limited benefits?
    During the seven-year period of potential eligibility, non-citizens are expected to work toward becoming U.S. citizens. If they do not, eligibility will stop after seven years.

• Example: Elliot arrives in 2008, and is given refugee status, which establishes his potential SSI eligibility for seven years through 2015. In 2009, he becomes disabled and applies for SSI. Once approved, he would receive six years of benefits as there are six years left of his SSI eligibility. During this time, he needs to apply for citizenship, if he has not already done so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know I wonder why anybody works it’s really disheartening when you pay into programs that are bent on giving away to those who are just here to cheat.

What Happens after Seven Years for those with time-limited benefits?
    During the seven-year period of potential eligibility, non-citizens are expected to work toward becoming U.S. citizens. If they do not, eligibility will stop after seven years.

• Example: Elliot arrives in 2008, and is given refugee status, which establishes his potential SSI eligibility for seven years through 2015. In 2009, he becomes disabled and applies for SSI. Once approved, he would receive six years of benefits as there are six years left of his SSI eligibility. During this time, he needs to apply for citizenship, if he has not already done so.

This **** needs to stop.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see ads for law firms that work to get people on disability, wonder if they are involved in this as well.

Have wondered how this works, if it's straight time or if they get a cut of the monthly check, really have no idea.

Always follow the money

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I see ads for law firms that work to get people on disability, wonder if they are involved in this as well.

Have wondered how this works, if it's straight time or if they get a cut of the monthly check, really have no idea.

Always follow the money

I believe they have maximums they can charge, I understand they get there money out of the first bulk SSDI check from when the claim was filed, to when it was approved.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Leadeye for the win!

Disability lawyers receive up to 25 % of the “backpay” limited to $6000.

Here is the HHS definition that we hear about in the media that many are claiming.

Who is a Refugee or Asylee?
    A refugee or asylee is any person who is outside his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return to that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution.

• Persecution or the fear thereof must be based on the individual's race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion
    • Refugees and asylees are eligible to adjust to lawful permanent resident status after one year of continuous presence in the United States
    • All refugees and asylees have employment authorization based on their status

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Leadeye for the win!

Disability lawyers receive up to 25 % of the “backpay” limited to $6000.

Here is the HHS definition that we hear about in the media that many are claiming.

Who is a Refugee or Asylee?
    A refugee or asylee is any person who is outside his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return to that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution.

• Persecution or the fear thereof must be based on the individual's race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion
    • Refugees and asylees are eligible to adjust to lawful permanent resident status after one year of continuous presence in the United States
    • All refugees and asylees have employment authorization based on their status

Leadeye?????? I musta missed that post...:dunno:...:lmfao:

Top Bottom