Ald. Edward Burke charged with attempted extortion of Burger King owners Ald. Ed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Anti gun guy has to turn in his 23 registered handguns, I wonder how many unregistered ones he has. His wife is a Illinois supreme court judge and very big in the catholic church.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing new here other than he's in the news for being caught. Just business as usual in shakedown city.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are there a series of "suicides" to follow?

His former political allies are cutting him loose. If they have the evidence (and federal prosecutors generally do not seek indictment unless they do), he's going down. He will take Preckwinkle's mayoral campaign with him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    His former political allies are cutting him loose. If they have the evidence (and federal prosecutors generally do not seek indictment unless they do), he's going down. He will take Preckwinkle's mayoral campaign with him.

Preckwinkle? I think that's going to be my new derogatory term to call people. :):

"Did you really just say that? You're such a preckwinkle!"

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI

I don't doubt that she is at least as filthy as he is, she will get a little stink on her but i still predict she will be the next Mayor

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    For decades, the Southwest Side alderman has used his iron grip on the City Council’s Finance Committee and key role in slating Cook County judges to build a massive amount of political capital.Burke, who recently marked a record 50th year in office, often decides whether Chicago’s most important legislation will move forward. He controls millions of dollars in campaign funds. He is the sole steward of the city’s $100 million workers’ compensation program. And he plays a crucial role in redrawing the city’s ward maps — a key in maintaining political power amid shifting demographics.

All together now: "THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!"

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Probably not, because she gave back the $10K or 6.5k (although not reporting it, as is required by law). The not reporting part will get glossed over, and for giving it back she will get a media medal. I have no idea if she can win, with or without this glitch.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't doubt that she is at least as filthy as he is, she will get a little stink on her but i still predict she will be the next Mayor
    I think everyone in Chicago politics gets at least a little stink on them.

Top Bottom