• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    "President-elect Jair Bolsonaro, who takes office Tuesday, adopted a signature finger-gun salute during his campaign. The ex-army captain has promised a dramatic reversal of the country’s 15-year-old gun legislation to make it easier for citizens to obtain firearms.
    “All the hoodlums already have guns, it’s only the good guys who don’t!” Mr. Bolsonaro said in a radio interview earlier this year. He said Saturday that he plans to issue a decree allowing all Brazilians without criminal records to own firearms.
    Supporters of the measure say arming law-abiding citizens might cause Brazil’s criminals to think twice about carrying out a crime like a carjacking or home break-in. Violence experts say simply adding more guns to the mix without tackling the root causes of crime will only make the murder rate climb faster.
    Crime has soared as Brazil’s police forces, starved of resources during the country’s 2014-16 recession and plagued by corruption, have been fighting a losing war against some of the world’s most powerful drug gangs. Critics have also blamed the government for the lack of a national public security plan, calling for more investment in investigative policing and community policing.
    Under a 2003 law, Brazilian civilian gun owners must be at least 25 years old, provide proof of a steady job and have no criminal history, among other requirements. The biggest stumbling block, critics complain, is that federal police have the final say over whether applicants really need a gun. Police frequently decide they don’t."
    "Proposed legislation would take away the police’s veto power, reduce the age required to buy guns to 21, and make gun permits permanent rather than valid for only several years. Civilians could also be allowed to carry firearms in public."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazil-has-an-idea-to-fix-rampant-gun-violence-more-guns-11546315200

Taurus stock has been ON FIRE!

FJTA3 BZ Equity (Forjas Taurus S 2019-01-15 08-53-06.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Good for them. However, I wouldn't call this an "equivalent to the 2A". I'm afraid it might only last until Bolsonaro leaves office (dead or alive). Or until the justice from Hawaii declares in unconstitutional. Is there any chance of enough support in the legislature to make this more durable?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wonder if it really is the equivalent of our 2A. I'll have to look at it more closely when time permits.

Our 2A is a restriction upon state, not a "right granted" by state. It documents something that existed prior to and supersedes the federal government.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Agree on your interpretation in substance but in form I think the election was a sort of a revolution / drastic change in government.
    Bolsonaro comes from a military background, in a country where the second biggest city was under martial law less than a year ago.
    His logic for gun ownership stems from arming people to create a "a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"!

I wonder if it really is the equivalent of our 2A. I'll have to look at it more closely when time permits.

Our 2A is a restriction upon state, not a "right granted" by state. It documents something that existed prior to and supersedes the federal government.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Sort of like our Clinton era ban lapsing and making its way back to the table with Warren, hard to make things stick!

Good for them. However, I wouldn't call this an "equivalent to the 2A". I'm afraid it might only last until Bolsonaro leaves office (dead or alive). Or until the justice from Hawaii declares in unconstitutional. Is there any chance of enough support in the legislature to make this more durable?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Sort of like our Clinton era ban lapsing and making its way back to the table with Warren, hard to make things stick!

President Trump has clearly illustrated the transience of executive orders and direction as a means of governing by overturning much of the Obama agenda. My concern is that those "lifetime" licenses won't outlast Bolsonaro and he was nearly assassinated four months ago.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One of my Twitter followers is a former playmate from Brazil and he tweets to her...She's very happy with this guy...I found a pic oon google INGO friendly to post of her....

Ana-Braga-in-Bikini--04.jpg

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Pretty sad, "Lifetime" is now interpreted as until the end of this administration. Reminds me of retirement plans shifting from defined benefit pensions to 401k contributions, or prevalence of divorces, "till death do us part".

President Trump has clearly illustrated the transience of executive orders and direction as a means of governing by overturning much of the Obama agenda. My concern is that those "lifetime" licenses won't outlast Bolsonaro and he was nearly assassinated four months ago.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1) This may well turn out to be an excellent real world test of the claims that more guns mean more violence. I think the opposite will prove true, because this empowerment will rapidly harden 'targets' and introduce criminal doubt and indecision about even those who don't carry

2) RE: The possibility of a Bolsonaro assassination by criminal gangs. This is where a large portion of our aid to Central and South American countries should go, in assisting in rooting out criminal gangs of such size that they threaten the stability of a country and its elected official's ability to govern. At the express invitation of the country, of course; we could provide them with enormous technical help at tracing and neuralizing the tentacles such organizations have in country. In Mexico, in which corruption seems much more embedded, I would even support the US militarily assisting in rooting out the cartels because of the direct threat to the US posed by those organizations.

According to some recent reading I have done, the corruption in Mexico is so pervasive that only an attack by Federal level forces might succeed in taking down the cartels; and it would be far from a certain success and certainly impossible to maintain OpSec - and things are only getting worse. We may have to do this job ourselves if we want it done - a 'Pancho' Villa redux

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    WOW. What do I have to tweet to get a follower like that? If anyone wants to see more I stalked: https://www.instagram.com/theanabraga/

One of my followers had tweeted a pic of Ms Ana and I tweeted my follower to not post pics like that until after 8 am and I have taken my blood pressure pills...Ms Ana saw that and cracked up and started following me so I followed her back...She's a pistol...Great at trolling liberal soy boys....

She's a patriot....

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Pretty sad, "Lifetime" is now interpreted as until the end of this administration. Reminds me of retirement plans shifting from defined benefit pensions to 401k contributions, or prevalence of divorces, "till death do us part".

It isn't "now interpreted". Executive orders were never meant to last beyond an administration and sometimes not even that long. Using executive orders for major actions generally means that you don't have enough support to make it a law. Passing a law makes it much more durable and pushing it to the even higher bar of inclusion in the constitution makes it very difficult to overturn.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    That is awesome! It's 11AM so I figured this post would be safe:

USA.JPG

One of my followers had tweeted a pic of Ms Ana and I tweeted my follower to not post pics like that until after 8 am and I have taken my blood pressure pills...Ms Ana saw that and cracked up and started following me so I followed her back...She's a pistol...Great at trolling liberal soy boys....

She's a patriot....

Top Bottom