• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I continue to wonder why businesses can't just be good at what they do, and feel they must lecture the public on topics completely outside of their core business.

But, if his business is SO good that he can alienate a notable portion of potential customers, good for him.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I continue to wonder why people can't just leave the constitution alone and feel they need to take away something that it guarantees every member of the public.

Why do they give a hoot about what this guy thinks? How does it affect them? If he posted he was open to having his customers open or concealed carry he would also be catching crap, so that is two strikes against the constitution.

Answer: it is all about control. Under the auspices of being offended they get the herd all wound up to show everyone you have to remain in the herd.

We are supposed to have freedom of speech, not freedom from speech. Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. The right to bear arms and protect ourselves not just run around in a herd letting the prey animals pick off those on the fringe and say, "at least it wasn't me..." or "they can't get us all..."

We are, through social media, asked to leave the constitution behind daily. Not change it, mind you, just leaving it there like some bent up dog eared book mark while going along and violating or depriving people of what should be theirs by rights. I shows me just how brilliant it's authors were and how stupid and herd like we have become.

But I am just an old fashioned fool and what do I know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well said, Mongo.
    The logic of the people complaining quoted in the article is so weak it should be a red flag for anyone reading it to indicate how bad they are grasping at straws. People are looking for was to be offended and they twist the narrative.
    As for the ‘why’s’ above, I believe we are supposed to encourage each other to be better people and as a leader in his community he is doing just that. He cast no judgement, he only asked people to think. Ok, I guess he cast judgement if you think everyone is going to heaven, I could see that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If someone is providing goods and/or services there are very few instances in which I feel the need to inquire about that person's sincere beliefs or politics.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Injecting politics into a grocery business is stupid. Injecting politics AND religion into a grocery business is next-level stupid.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    from the article:
    As for the people vowing to no longer shop at the store, McDaniel’s doesn’t seem too worried."I appreciate them shopping with me, but this is America; they have the privilege of shopping where they want to," McDaniel said.

Spot on. No reluctance or bitterness, good response

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I continue to wonder why businesses can't just be good at what they do, and feel they must lecture the public on topics completely outside of their core business.

But, if his business is SO good that he can alienate a notable portion of potential customers, good for him.

I agree

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Capture.jpg

Injecting politics into a grocery business is stupid. Injecting politics AND religion into a grocery business is next-level stupid.

Maybe it's just me, but the first thing I looked at in that image way the meat and the prices.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All is forgiven, unless you're caught dancing.

I remember an old joke... something like, "Jews don't recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Protestants don't recognize the Pope as the head of the Christian church. Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store." :):

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I remember an old joke... something like, "Jews don't recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Protestants don't recognize the Pope as the head of the Christian church. Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store." :):
    And..."you know why you always bring two Baptists with fishng? If you bring one, he'll drink all of your beer!" :40oz:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You already do, unless they don't have a Whole Foods in whatever god-forsaken food desert you live in :)
    And THAT boys and girls is why we are so divided. The world through political eyes sees nothing but Liberal and Conservative in everything they survey. Kind of depressing actually.

Top Bottom