• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Just read an article put out by The New York Times On MSN News that President Trump has declared Natl. Emergency to build border wall. He plans to spend 8 billion on border barriers. Pelosi and Schumer are already planning to challenge him in the courts.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The constitution of the United States of America gives the federal government only a few actual jobs, one of which is to secure the borders. It is sad that it comes down to declaring a national emergency, but it is the job of the feds to secure the borders.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Maybe they will have enough money to wall off California!
    We still need Edwards AFB, and Palmdale AF Plant 42, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and MCAS Miramar, and MCRD San Diego, and the Navy assets at San Diego, and 29 Palms, and Fort Irwin; beyond that I’m not certain . . .

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hooray! Another thread about this!

UnacceptableBraveDungbeetle-small.gif

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Clinton, Bush and Obama all did a border emergency and had more miles of walls put up....well over 200 miles. No one batted a eye. Obama wasn't going to get approval for his Iran Treaty so he bypassed them, took a pen and signed the Iran Deal and no one batted a eye. Yet I have seen some "republicans" claim Trump needs to be stopped because its Unconstitutional.....give me a break.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Those that say that a barrier or a wall won't work have apparently never drove by a prison. As someone who used to work at one I can verify that they work and do a damn fine job of keeping people in and keeping people out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Clinton, Bush and Obama all did a border emergency and had more miles of walls put up....well over 200 miles. No one batted a eye. Obama wasn't going to get approval for his Iran Treaty so he bypassed them, took a pen and signed the Iran Deal and no one batted a eye. Yet I have seen some "republicans" claim Trump needs to be stopped because its Unconstitutional.....give me a break.

Then all they would have to do is author a clean bill revoking the National Emergency Act of 1977. I'm sure they could get support from across the aisle and hopefully we could rely on it being necessary to do away with the authority rather than narrowly tailor the bill to target only Trump. I actually wouldn't mind if some of Trump's excesses resulted in a drastic scaling back of presidential power - either way, to me it seems win - win. He has the authority now to do this and congress gave it to him

I predict there will be much ado about nothing and Trump will prevail with the Supremes. The people posturing are in large part more worried about clinging to power and position than they are about the good of the country

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The wall represents a political power struggle for both parties. It’s all about agenda driven winners and losers.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The wall represents a political power struggle for both parties. It’s all about agenda driven winners and losers.

Winners, the 12 million illegal immigrants, Democrats get new voters, The rich get cheap lawn work etc., business gets cheap labor.

Losers, the American workers that did not get to chose wether they wanted these people in their country...

Remenber, being anti-illegal immigration is not anti-immigrant.

Just where does it all stop? It has been promised that it would be stopped all my life by lying politicians, when will it stop?

MM

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I haven't checked the rest, but if you're talking about Obama "Emergency" funding for immigration, he asked Congress. And as far as the Iran Deal, eyes were batted:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2015/09/iran-deal-and-executive-power-a-dangerous-precedent.html

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Top Bottom