Bake the Cake.... and Do My Return.... OR ELSE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    "Defend themselves", from what? What form of aggression was used?

If some business refused me service I'd give them the AMF YOYO and be on my way. Wanting to burn the place down isn't defense, it's aggression...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why can't they find any "lipstick lesbians" to fight for these causes? "Dear Penthouse" never included the line, "So there I was, in my college dorm room, when my two morbidly obese co-ed dorm mates from down the hall knocked on my door..." ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it’s my understandng they were given a reference. “I won’t, but here, call this company. They will.”

how is that so wrong?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Why can't they find any "lipstick lesbians" to fight for these causes? "Dear Penthouse" never included the line, "So there I was, in my college dorm room, when my two morbidly obese co-ed dorm mates from down the hall knocked on my door..." ;)

Reminds me of the old joke.....

What's the difference between a lesbian and a horse?

A flannel shirt and about 400 pounds. :):

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    It was stated the couples only resource was to post on Facebook. No, their recourse was to either contact the reference given or find someone else to do their taxes. When someone’s “rights” imposes on another whose rights surpercede ? It is a strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Well there is the Mr. Obvious episode about his neighbors being twins and wanting to have a 3 way with him.

" I'm going to do it. I'm even going to tell my dad. He's a retired Marine. He'll be thrilled!)

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    People who argue that this type of discrimination should be illegal can easily be countered with, what to you do, then, if a Nazi went to a Jewish baker and asked for a swastika-decorated cake? I haven't met someone yet who can offer a clear reason why or how one case should be prosecuted and the other is totally acceptable. And obviously, it doesn't need to be illegal for people to express their disapproval -- word gets out and people that disagree boycott, you don't need more laws to punish them when people already will by choosing where to take their business. You can see that clearly in the comments of the article...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Unfortunately, apply logic and reason to a situation like this is entirely ineffective and irrelevant. "You can't reason someone out of position they didn't reason themselves into."

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Is it discrimination? OF COURSE IT IS! Discrimination: making a distinction between or among options. You "discriminate" when you choose your friends, buy a car, eat a meal, or do almost anything in life.

It's time to de-criminalize free association.

I thought these people were all about the "right to choose"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it discrimination? OF COURSE IT IS! Discrimination: making a distinction between or among options. You "discriminate" when you choose your friends, buy a car, eat a meal, or do almost anything in life.

No........"Their" right to choose not ours.
    When you designate and develop protected classes they will use it against those they are protected from. Give someone or group a PC lever to move you with and you could be moved.
    Any one group should not have more rights/protections than any other group. We are all born into this with the same rights.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Kinda wish businesses would learn to stop citing, well, anything. Just say "No, thanks. Here is a referral. Have a great day." There is no reason to give a reason.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

"Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good"
    -Charles J Chaput
    They are trying to become dominant. The 'hate crimes' bill some are trying to get passed does just the opposite of de-criminalize free association, IMO.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    People who argue that this type of discrimination should be illegal can easily be countered with, what to you do, then, if a Nazi went to a Jewish baker and asked for a swastika-decorated cake? I haven't met someone yet who can offer a clear reason why or how one case should be prosecuted and the other is totally acceptable. And obviously, it doesn't need to be illegal for people to express their disapproval -- word gets out and people that disagree boycott, you don't need more laws to punish them when people already will by choosing where to take their business. You can see that clearly in the comments of the article...

Good analogy. Of course it'll go over the heads of most it would be used against.

Unfortunately, apply logic and reason to a situation like this is entirely ineffective and irrelevant. "You can't reason someone out of position they didn't reason themselves into."

Exactly why gun owners and rational people ALWAYS fight an uphill battle. logic has rules, emotional argument does not. gun owners need to stay on the right side of the law to stay gun owners (and in some places, even limit their online presence to state-approved opinions and activities). non-gun owners have nothing to lose.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I think too many people just look for situations, words, and reasons to be mad at something or be “oppressed.” I for one would simply take my business elsewhere.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Top Bottom