• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As far as I can tell, this is designed to transport U of Indy students to and from the Broadripple bars. Really can't see any other use for it.

Reactions: Leo

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My favorite part is the federal grant. Grants in general seem to make dumb projects more palatable, after all its not our money being blown.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    But you guys got your lame bird bikes and dumbass shamrock scooters. What new trendy **** do you need now?

I hear that California isn't using that bullet train at the moment. :rolleyes:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Already see a downside (hand in hand with all the BS construction), they changed the curbs where it sticks out into the right turn lane now. Not sure what to call it, but it's where the curb flattens for you to walk out easier. It used to be out of the roadway and now sticks out part of the way into the turn lane. Not sure what genius thought that was a good idea... :n00b:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm still struggling with the justification for the project. INDYGO has 4,000 riders out of a Marion County population of 800,000+. The existing facilities and equipment have never been self supporting so why add millions of dollars more to the future maintenance burden?
    INDYGO says it needs to double the ridership for the project to be feasible. That seems unrealistic both as a goal and a justification of cost.
    While I wouldn't agree with the idea of such a program, it would be more cost effective to offer an Uber subsidy to provide transportation to the .5-1% of the population.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm still struggling with the justification for the project. INDYGO has 4,000 riders out of a Marion County population of 800,000+. The existing facilities and equipment have never been self supporting so why add millions of dollars more to the future maintenance burden?
    INDYGO says it needs to double the ridership for the project to be feasible. That seems unrealistic both as a goal and a justification of cost.
    While I wouldn't agree with the idea of such a program, it would be more cost effective to offer an Uber subsidy to provide transportation to the .5-1% of the population.

The INDYGO bus schedule is ridiculous. I can literally walk faster than the bus that goes up and down Meridian, because it stops every block.

If they want more ridership they need buses that go to and from major points of interest. Not just trolleys that go up and down the street.

Now, there are a couple that actually do go to useful places. So, it's not completely idiotic.

The scooters are far and away the best way to get around downtown. It's there when you need it, the cost is reasonable, and it doesn't consume tax money.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's all about the Federal Grants-- Developers currently turning what used to be Broad Ripple Village into a Downtown MiniMe can line their pockets with Federal "TOD"- Transit Oriented Development- dollars.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's all about the Federal Grants-- Developers currently turning what used to be Broad Ripple Village into a Downtown MiniMe can line their pockets with Federal "TOD"- Transit Oriented Development- dollars.

This is EXACTLY correct.

Top Bottom