Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I had to take College from 38th to 71st. In both trips, I saw combined a whole 2 busses and 1 person waiting at a stop. Couldnt see inside the busses to see how many people were inside. But I'd venture to guess they were pretty empty.

And LOTS of construction guys ripping up the rubber barrier, trenching where it was, and pouring a concrete barrier in its place. What a cluster.
    Which is gonna work awesome with snowplows!

User Info Menu

Question: What is the reason for the barriers, rubber or concrete? Is it to keep cars out of a "Busses only lane" or what?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Which is gonna work awesome with snowplows!
    I thought about that at first, but instead it will work better than the rubber because they can run the plows along either side and the plow will bounce off not shred it. They'll just have to make two more passes to get the whole street because they can only plow half the redline lane at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Question: What is the reason for the barriers, rubber or concrete? Is it to keep cars out of a "Busses only lane" or what?
    Yes. To discourage cars from running in that lane. The barrier is about 4" high and 10-12" wide and runs down the center of the lane. Big enough you can cross it SLOWLY if you must, but enough to keep cars out. Busses running the lane dont even know they are there because since its down the centerline, and the buses never need to change lanes.

What a boondoggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yes.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Wasn't there a "tunnel" of sorts that ran under the Washington St. bridge over the river, just west of Victory Field for awhile? I think they blocked it off somehow because the homeless were living in it.
    Yep, they shut that down after the bums lit it on fire. Engineers had to check for weakened steel because the fire was so damn hot.

The bums had mattresses and all sorts of **** down there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    Yep, they shut that down after the bums lit it on fire. Engineers had to check for weakened steel because the fire was so damn hot.

The bums had mattresses and all sorts of **** down there.
    Ah yeah, now it's coming back to me. I didn't think I was imagining it, but at my age, it's best to check with someone else!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    My favorite part is the federal grant. Grants in general seem to make dumb projects more palatable, after all its not our money being blown.
    Right, but the equivalent waste-of-money project in some other area IS our money. As Bastiat said "gov't is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to life at the expense of everybody else."

User Info Menu

Did the engineers consider that placing buildings in the middle of the road might not be a good idea? Someone hit the bollards at 3 AM, flipped and totaled their car.
    "Police say they don't think drugs or alcohol were involved." Wow! You couldn't see a building in the road?
    This is at least the second person to run into a station in six months. The maintenance cost for this boondoggle is going to be very high.
    https://fox59.com/2020/01/06/man-inj...ar-north-side/

User Info Menu

Perhaps they fell asleep.

Regardless, I agree that putting buildings in the middle of the road is a bad idea.

Li ion batteries in the winter and sweltering summer is also a dumb idea.

This whole thing will end up just like Blue Indy in another 5 years or so.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I thought about that at first, but instead it will work better than the rubber because they can run the plows along either side and the plow will bounce off not shred it. They'll just have to make two more passes to get the whole street because they can only plow half the redline lane at a time.

Yes. To discourage cars from running in that lane. The barrier is about 4" high and 10-12" wide and runs down the center of the lane. Big enough you can cross it SLOWLY if you must, but enough to keep cars out. Busses running the lane dont even know they are there because since its down the centerline, and the buses never need to change lanes.

What a boondoggle.
    Youve obviously never plowed snow!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast