• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This is not nearly as uncommon as one would believe.

I learned about Surefire given a bunch of money to Anti-2A Dem Loretta Sanchez. Not posting a link-- try arfcom or reddit.

What gives? Is it simply the case that the Surefires of the world are so deep in .gov contracts that they don't give :twocents: what the civilian buyers think? It seems so.

Donate to the politicians (regardless how Statist), hope that you get the contract to outfit the JBTs?

Fortunately, my financial station has allowed me to unwittingly boycott Surefire for my whole life. I guess you could say I'm leading the charge that way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you are a company in California (or Springfield in Illinois), and wish to stay there, you might find you spread some money around to the dominant pols in those states in the hope they will leave you alone.

For the dimmer folks, I am not approving it, not attacking it, just stating a fact.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is not nearly as uncommon as one would believe.

I learned about Surefire given a bunch of money to Anti-2A Dem Loretta Sanchez. Not posting a link-- try arfcom or reddit.

What gives? Is it simply the case that the Surefires of the world are so deep in .gov contracts that they don't give :twocents: what the civilian buyers think? It seems so.

Donate to the politicians (regardless how Statist), hope that you get the contract to outfit the JBTs?

Fortunately, my financial station has allowed me to unwittingly boycott Surefire for my whole life. I guess you could say I'm leading the charge that way.

They make a good product but they are really proud of them. I own one that came on a rifle in a trade. Nice lite. But at the price point it is very easy to boycott them for no other reason than price.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If you are a company in California (or Springfield in Illinois), and wish to stay there, you might find you spread some money around to the dominant pols in those states in the hope they will leave you alone.

For the dimmer folks, I am not approving it, not attacking it, just stating a fact.

Yeah, this is a bit of reality vs idealism. I'm not a purist-- I don't think you can have any true purity on things like this. Tons of us are unwittingly supporting things we'd rather not. My Verizon bill probably goes to environmental causes. My tax dollars go to things I disapprove of. So on, so forth. I'm sure that, if you traced it back far enough, you'd find that all of are "impure" in our spending.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Yeah, this is a bit of reality vs idealism. I'm not a purist-- I don't think you can have any true purity on things like this. Tons of us are unwittingly supporting things we'd rather not. My Verizon bill probably goes to environmental causes. My tax dollars go to things I disapprove of. So on, so forth. I'm sure that, if you traced it back far enough, you'd find that all of are "impure" in our spending.
    Have you heard of patriot Mobile? Once my contracts were up I went through the carrier unlock process that your cell company is by law required to do and then patriot sent me sim cards and ported my numbers:) we are methodically going through all of our buying and where a conservative alternative exists we are changing over.. some things have cost a tad bit more. Unfortunately there are not conservatives avenues for everything but that just means there is a market there for someone to fill the void.. the wonderful thing about capitalism:)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

When you take the .gov money, they become the only customer you care about. And if your products become more restricted for civilians, who cares? Jack up the price and keep taking .gov money.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If we're going to start witch hunting, I would like a list of ALL of their political contributions.

Methinks people are cherry picking.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If we're going to start witch hunting, I would like a list of ALL of their political contributions.

Methinks people are cherry picking.

There is the danger of that...so far, two companies have been identified that have a real problem. Benchmade and Kimber (Ryan Busse in particular). If I can find time, I will post details later.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And we need no further proof than this thread to see how too much power in the hands of politicians is bad. They have become the mob, "nice business you got there, shame for something to happen to it". It also demonstrates how they have divided us by tribes.

Expat is right, they must pay tribute if they are in those dem controled locations. Indiana should offer a blanket tax deal to all 2A and ancillary industries who will move to Indiana and build products in the likes of Anderson, Marion, all over the state.

MM

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They make a good product but they are really proud of them. I own one that came on a rifle in a trade. Nice lite. But at the price point it is very easy to boycott them for no other reason than price.

CM, what's a good alternative for Surefire lites? I have one, the really bright one, but am looking for some alternatives that don't cost as much.
    Sorry to:
    :hijack::hijack:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    And we need no further proof than this thread to see how too much power in the hands of politicians is bad. They have become the mob, "nice business you got there, shame for something to happen to it". It also demonstrates how they have divided us by tribes.

Expat is right, they must pay tribute if they are in those dem controled locations. Indiana should offer a blanket tax deal to all 2A and ancillary industries who will move to Indiana and build products in the likes of Anderson, Marion, all over the state.

MM
    History is our best teacher of what the future holds ( unless of course someone has a crystal ball) and history proves time and time again that governments go rogue, turn and subjugate their citizens.. that is exactly why our founders gave us the 2nd amendment... they knew this fact and knew a heavily armed populous was the best chance at stopping it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There is the danger of that...so far, two companies have been identified that have a real problem. Benchmade and Kimber (Ryan Busse in particular). If I can find time, I will post details later.

Haven't watched this video yet. The Gun Guy mentioned the Benchmade thing on his radio show this afternoon...

[video=youtube;vMPf-bq0bdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMPf-bq0bdw[/video]

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    They told us were thy stand with us. Now it is our turn to tell them. When people ignore things like this they have no reason to complain when there rights are stepped on. But it seams the ones that scream the most after it happens are the ones that are looking for the best price. Time to stand up an vote with your dollars. The biggest problem I see is no one wants to sacrifice Got to have it all big house, fancy phone, eat out every meal, expensive vehicle, and the list goes on.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011

Expat is right, they must pay tribute if they are in those dem controlled locations. Indiana should offer a blanket tax deal to all 2A and ancillary industries who will move to Indiana and build products in the likes of Anderson, Marion, all over the state.

MM

Ingomike has hit on something that I have been thinking about but, I am not hearing people talk about. Trying to divide us - "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them" (Chow-Hou Wee (2003);Art of War, Chapter I, Detail Assessment and Planning). It's a basic tactic and one of the favorites of the radical left, divide upon ideology and conquer. Now don't condone Benchmade, Surefire and Eotech giving money to anti-gun Demarcates; however, I would like to give them the benefit of doubt and say it was a business decision and they are able to reconcile their own conscience as to why the means justify the ends. It could be something as simple as all three companies are in deep blue states and the money went towards the "devil they know vs. the devil they don't." I'm not defending, just trying to understand.

But the bigger issue here is, at least from my viewpoint, is how the gun community is becoming split into three main "factions." For simplicity purposes, I'll label them as the following: "Strict 2nd Amendment Constitutionalist", "Middle of the Road" and "Pro 2nd Amendment but..." I'm not going to go into detail because, if you have been in the gun world for any time and/or ever been to a gun you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The labels are not important, but the fact that the we are split into these discernible factions is - divide and conquer. Jump on any gun forum, youtube, instagram or any other social media outlet and you will see these three factions going at each other ruthlessly - NRA vs. Gun Owners of America, bump stocks, red flag laws, constitutional carry and the topic at hand - Benchmade, Surefire and Eotech. It is not good for the gun culture. I don't have any answers but, as soon as we recognize that sometimes in the gun culture we are own worst enemies we might be able to come together and fight this with some kind of united front.

Just my two cents...

(BTW: I like the tax incentive idea too... look what Magpul and Beretta did.)

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I would LOVE to see Indiana declare itself a 2A sanctuary state. New Mexico just did. The pro 2A states need to draw a line in the sand and let it be known.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    There is a massive thread over at ARFCOM about this whole thing and it's not just Surefire. More specifically it's about BHA up in Montana and all the companies that support them (Savage, Kimber, Sitka, Vortex, Leupold, Federal, First lite, Benchmade, CRKT, Weatherby, YETI, UA to name a few) even though they have a seemingly long history of leaning far to the left. Here's the link to the ARFCOM thread if anyone is interested in the details:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General...eatherby-Federal-Leupold-and-More-/5-2196481/

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is a massive thread over at ARFCOM about this whole thing and it's not just Surefire. More specifically it's about BHA up in Montana and all the companies that support them (Savage, Kimber, Sitka, Vortex, Leupold, Federal, First lite, Benchmade, CRKT, Weatherby, YETI, UA to name a few) even though they have a seemingly long history of leaning far to the left. Here's the link to the ARFCOM thread if anyone is interested in the details:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General...eatherby-Federal-Leupold-and-More-/5-2196481/
    I hate all the little cucks over on arfcom but ill go read this later.
    Surefire ended their PAC in 2014. If they still gave dems money i wouldnt support them. Ive used and owed surefire lights for 20 years as of this year and it would hurt my heart to not support them, but i would do it if they started supporting dems again. The line in the sand has been drawn. We are a nation divided. There is no coming together people, choose a side.

Ill check out the thread there and we will see which companies are loving on dems and kiss them goodbye. Just because someone takes our money in the firearms industry or makes guns it doesn't mean they are our friend. Time to tighten ranks and give money only to the true American companies so they can expand and let the traitors fold.

I'm not a big knife buyer, but when it comes to GOOD firearms accessories I spend thousands per year. So while no they won't be hurt by me alone not buying anymore, if others stop too then yes they are going to feel it and either drastically change positions or go under. Eother way is fine with me. They can all be replaced.

As of now I will fully continue to support SUREFIRE and as a token of that support Im going to go online today and purchase one of their lights directly off their site. There is nothing comparable to a surefire light, nothing. I own streamlights too but they are NOT surefire.

People say they think benchmade will stay in business. I frankly dont. I think this has been a business killer. They will have to either sell to another company (likely) or rebrand. I don't see this as survivable and I'm fine with that. If bloomberg owned a gun manufacturing company I wouldn't want to see it stay in business just because they made guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom