Remember Those Evil Conservative Koch Brothers? Yeah, Now Truth Comes Out...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The smear against the Koch Brothers is a lot like the smear against NRA political donations. Neither donates nearly as much as other the progressive activists in the news reports, and they don’t even donate nearly as much as some progressives donate to progressive candidates. But they’re the bad guys.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Those two are bad guys. Don't kid yourself. If the dems platforms matched up more closely with their personal ambitions, they'd swing in a heartbeat.

That post did not translate as you intended. Because any of us would do that. I think what you meant was if the Dems met them on a few business issues somewhat they would flip allegiance in a heartbeat, against the Repub's core issues. They are primarily about immigration and tax. If Dems gave them a tax deal they would flip.

MM

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder how the amount of political contributions stacks up against the money spent through the dc beltway? Why contribute to specific politicians when you can just buy laws?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Those two are bad guys. Don't kid yourself. If the dems platforms matched up more closely with their personal ambitions, they'd swing in a heartbeat.

They give money to politicians that align with their own views?

Why would anyone ever do that?
    That post did not translate as you intended. Because any of us would do that. I think what you meant was if the Dems met them on a few business issues somewhat they would flip allegiance in a heartbeat, against the Repub's core issues. They are primarily about immigration and tax. If Dems gave them a tax deal they would flip.
    So what? If a Democrat started supporting 2A, wouldn't it be ok to support that politician?

I wonder how the amount of political contributions stacks up against the money spent through the dc beltway? Why contribute to specific politicians when you can just buy laws?
    Well, part of "buying a law" is getting supportive legislators elected. Follow the money.

Freakonomics did a podcast interviewing the Kochs. Well worth listening to if you're open minded. They took a lot of flack from closed minded liberals for it.

Part 1
    Part 2

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Politically, I've always been under the impression that they are closer to being Libertarians than Conservatives, so them being in favor of free trade is not too surprising.

FWIW, I have a relative that works for them. As in, he reports directly to them. He thinks the world of them, says they give a rather remarkable amount of money to charity anonymously.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

MM
    They are primary about libertarian-ish causes. Do you have some examples of them flipping on issues?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are primary about libertarian-ish causes. Do you have some examples of them flipping on issues?

was not implying they were issue flippers, more in agreement with you that they are not conservatives, they are against Trumps efforts to get better trade deals for the US and they do not want border security.

MM

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Politically, I've always been under the impression that they are closer to being Libertarians than Conservatives, so them being in favor of free trade is not too surprising.

FWIW, I have a relative that works for them. As in, he reports directly to them. He thinks the world of them, says they give a rather remarkable amount of money to charity anonymously.

They are definitely Libertarians. So the open borders angle doesnt surprise me one bit.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I fail to see how open borders for migration squares with free trade. In free trade I can elect not to buy what you're selling, in open borders there does not appear to be any choice involved for the destination country - how does that embody any freedom on our side of the equation? Is it justified by some sort of squabble over size and power of the government?

Do Libertarians just want cheap labor?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I fail to see how open borders for migration squares with free trade. In free trade I can elect not to buy what you're selling, in open borders there does not appear to be any choice involved for the destination country - how does that embody any freedom on our side of the equation? Is it justified by some sort of squabble over size and power of the government?

Do Libertarians just want cheap labor?

Libertarians want liberty.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Liberty to do what? Import low skilled individuals that will be a drain on all of us and then wash their hands of the problem beyond using these people for a heat shield? You have not answered the question of how unrestricted migration squares with individual liberty - at least for those who already live here. Are you saying Libertarians believe in global Libertarianism; where everyone, everywhere, is free to do whatever they want? If so, how do those of us without a program tell Libertarians apart from Anarchists

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Liberty to have a conversation free from loaded language and arguments from emotion.

That's the only language I know free from loaded language and arguments from emotion. 64 bit is probably even a bit colder

Top Bottom