• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not just mainstream media but social media in general. People believe what they see in the internet, Right or Left, without question. The public LOVES videos but many are useless without context. In place of context, people substitute their own biases. Marcus Aurelius put it best, [h=1]"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."[/h]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As proof of this, one of my Conservative friends shared this meme. 100% fabrication that just a TINY amount to time researching it would reveal. However, this meme fit his world view and so he shared it as if it was legit. THIS is the problem...

Xjag9X3.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As proof of this, one of my Conservative friends shared this meme. 100% fabrication that just a TINY amount to time researching it would reveal. However, this meme fit his world view and so he shared it as if it was legit. THIS is the problem...

You mean just like Trump said white supremacists are good people?

MM

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You mean just like Trump said white supremacists are good people?

MM
    Every time he opens his mouth I cringe. However. I THINK I understand what he was trying to say but as usual, couldn't frame a coherent sentence to save his life. The public spends an inordinate time trying to clarify his statements.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Every time he opens his mouth I cringe. However. I THINK I understand what he was trying to say but as usual, couldn't frame a coherent sentence to save his life. The public spends an inordinate time trying to clarify his statements.
    Clarify/Vilify same same.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Clarify/Vilify same same.
    I agree. They make poor arguments most of the time when trying to vilify him. In reality, he's not a villain. Certainly not a man I'd want my kids to model themselves after, sadly, but his "evil" is woefully overblown. Immoral...yes.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thats the by product of what Trump said once the media ran it through their narrative filter.
    Exactly!!! However, much of that is his own darn fault for his typically unclear statements. Say EXACTLY what you mean. It makes it much more difficult for others to read something else into it. Not impossible, but much more difficult. He is his own worse enemy for that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not think that word means what you think it means...

It's not "spoofing" anything, it's just a pro-Trump campaign video.

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    I cannot get over how people use their phones and then post such nonsense. Most youth get all there news from their phones. They don't read papers or watch nightly news. Social Media is ruinning our country.

Top Bottom