Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1114
  1. #701
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    This is where I think you actually have it backwards. Hyper individualism is what spawned the left wing of the current time period that has progressed out of the 60s drug binge.

    What we had before was a group identity of Americans, hard working, faithful, and above all else committed to our own people and our own goals. These are not individualist traits. Individualism falls into the trap of creating as many camps and classes as possible, dividing the population as far as possible, and banning everything that offends us instead of respecting our neighbor's rights.

    Our group identity was rugged individualism, yes, but it was a group identity, don't forget that. We shared that. This may be tangential to your point but it's an important thing to remember.

    Hyper individualism always results in direct democracy, because the individual thinks they are more important than the next person. And direct democracy results in voting yourself more money from your neighbor's wallet, because after all, you're more important than they are, and can better make use of it.
    Well said and on point. I was part of that group growing up in the 60's. I did not carry signs and I bathed regular but I watched it all unfold.
    Those same people are now running this mess.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  2. #702
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    This is where I think you actually have it backwards. Hyper individualism is what spawned the left wing of the current time period that has progressed out of the 60s drug binge.

    What we had before was a group identity of Americans, hard working, faithful, and above all else committed to our own people and our own goals. These are not individualist traits. Individualism falls into the trap of creating as many camps and classes as possible, dividing the population as far as possible, and banning everything that offends us instead of respecting our neighbor's rights.

    Our group identity was rugged individualism, yes, but it was a group identity, don't forget that. We shared that. This may be tangential to your point but it's an important thing to remember.

    Hyper individualism always results in direct democracy, because the individual thinks they are more important than the next person. And direct democracy results in voting yourself more money from your neighbor's wallet, because after all, you're more important than they are, and can better make use of it.
    The rugged individuals were the frontiersmen and women and the farmers. The city dwellers and the landed gentry have always been the Tories.




  3. #703
    Grandmaster KellyinAvon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Well, I remember that Assange strongly implied that the DNC was responsible for the death of Seth Rich and that he was the leaker of the DNC email dump. That was a popular thing back then.
    I remember that one. The official story was he was killed in a robbery even though nothing was taken. I guess it was too soon to use heart attack in prison or suicide again.
    INGOer #25,448

  4. #704
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well said and on point. I was part of that group growing up in the 60's. I did not carry signs and I bathed regular but I watched it all unfold.
    Those same people are now running this mess.
    Unfortunately, you are correct......
    NRA - Life

  5. #705
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Well, hold on fellas. I have a rebuttal that I'll post in a new thread when I get to it.

    Edit: here it is.

    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/467789-individualism-primacy-individual-vs-collectivism-primacy-group.html
    Last edited by jamil; 04-20-2019 at 20:06.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

  6. #706
    Sharpshooter KMaC's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    And this headline would be accurate. The Mueller report revealed that the Russians we're able to hack into the voting system of a local election board in Florida in 2016. This was something unknown until today. It still isn't clear which county or precinct because the election board hasn't reported it.

    That doesn't mean Trump was involved, but we already knew Russia was / is actively trying to interfere in our elections. Turns out they were pretty successful. Much more so then I'm sure they even expected to be.
    This has been reported for almost 2 years.
    https://patch.com/illinois/chicagohe...ctions-quigley

  7. #707
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KMaC View Post
    This has been reported for almost 2 years.
    https://patch.com/illinois/chicagohe...ctions-quigley
    That's Illinois, not Florida. The Florida stuff is what was new.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

  8. #708
    Sharpshooter KMaC's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Yep, sorry. I didn't interpret your comment correctly as specific to Florida.

  9. #709
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    That's Illinois, not Florida. The Florida stuff is what was new.

    "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
    Hillary Rodham Clinton
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

  10. #710
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge