• ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Apologies if this is a dupe.

The Dems have just demanded the last six years of Trump’s tax return. Rep. Richard Neal, Democrat congressman from Massachusetts and chair of the Ways and Means Committee, using a little known federal tax code, hand delivered a formal request for the IRS to hand over six years of Trump’s personal and business tax returns. Neal is invoking an authority enshrined in the tax code granted only to tax writing committees in Congress that gives the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Fianance Committee the power to request tax information on a filer.

And. . . . . . The House Judiciary Committee authorized its Chairman to use subpoena powers to try force the Justice Department to give Congress a full copy of the special counsel’s report.

And. . . . . . . the chairman of the House Oversight Committee said he would soon ask for a vote on subpoena to compel Trump’s accounting firm to produce decades of Trump’s financial records.

“They” will never stop trying to find something they can use to impeach Trump.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This just gets deeper and deeper and deeper. As they waste more time money and energy on this who is doing the business of the people.

Oh wait, what a ridiculous question.......nobody.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep, the Democrats are going to make the next two years quite entertaining. They won't accomplish anything with any of their fishing expeditions and moonbattery, other than showing the Americans who let the 2018 House election happen exactly who they are.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just wait until it is our turn in the barrel...
    Yep, you would think they would have learned after killing the filibuster for judicial appointments then the Repubs used it for Trump's SCOTUS appointments. I would expect when the Repubs take the Congress over again, that the Ways & Means chairman will be getting a lot of tax returns, Pelosi, Schumer, Jesse & Al.... Soros....

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We'll see where it goes. Yes, the Dems have short memories since all the crap they a pulling now can/will come back to haunt them. If I were Trump I would tell them that I will not now or ever release any tax returns.

I only hope he keeps his cool and doesn't tell them what they can do.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Instead of moving forward with the people’s business the Democrats want to keep spinning the wheels in the partisan muck because they still can’t come to terms over the results of the 2016 election.

Howbout running with your ideas and beating the opposition at the ballot box if you don’t like the results of an election or differences in current policy and convincing a majority of voters that there’s a better way like it’s supposed to work instead of dragging the country through a bunch of political chicken **** hackery?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want to see special prosecutors investigate both houses of congress. I demand it. How about that? :):
    Could you imagine all the dirt and bodies, corruption, treason, they would find?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, you would think they would have learned after killing the filibuster for judicial appointments then the Repubs used it for Trump's SCOTUS appointments. I would expect when the Repubs take the Congress over again, that the Ways & Means chairman will be getting a lot of tax returns, Pelosi, Schumer, Jesse & Al.... Soros....

I'm not so sure. The RealRepublican© pundit class (Kristol et al) and any RRRinos we haven't gotten rid of by then will be sand-bagging any turn about because whenever we get it in the ***, they think we should just turn the other 'cheek' - because of their principals(the people who really pay their bar tabs)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I want to see special prosecutors investigate both houses of congress. I demand it. How about that? :):
    Could you imagine all the dirt and bodies, corruption, treason, they would find?

Agree 100%. Congressmen craft policy and create laws that all Americans have to live with. A small portion of our population from a district can elect the same idiot every 2 years for decades. They should get the same scrutiny as POTUS & SCOTUS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hell yeah. Let’s throw the closet doors open and let all the skeletons run free.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    There is nothing in the filed tax returns that will lead the Dems to impeachment. Tax returns(*) simply don’t contain enough detail for that sort of investigation. The only purpose is for talking points to embarrass Trump. This is all about politics and has nothing to do with the integrity of our Executive Branch.

• Look how much money Trump made (we already know he is rich).
    • Look at how low is Trump’s charitable contributions are (compared to who?).
    • Look how little tax Trump paid (following laws passed by Congress).
    • But Trump is under audit (started by the politically motivated Obama administration).

(*) I have prepared lots of 100+ page tax returns. Going after the accountant’s workpapers may get them a little closer to the true dirt the Dems are looking for. Generally accountant’s workpapers are not protected by attorney/client privilege. But I am not sure the hidden little gem in the Tax Code that lets the legislative branch root through the files of the IRS (executive branch) gives Congress the authority to subpoena the accountant’s workpapers.

They actually have no legal authority to request them. Otherwise they would be able to do this to anyone they want.

Are you sure? They are claiming they can go after anyone they want according to this hidden item in the Tax Code.

Neal is invoking an authority enshrined in the tax code granted only to tax writing committees in Congress that gives the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Fianance Committee the power to request tax information on a filer.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What little I have read cites congress' oversight abilities in using the backdoor built into the tax code. I guess their story (assuming they stick to it) is that they want to be sure that the IRS (staffed with Obama hacks most of the interval in question - think Lois Lerner) is executing proper oversight of the current president and exhibiting no favoritism (now that the wrong party might benefit from it, not because they eschew favoritism)

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    [FONT=&#10]Just another way to muddythe water, nobody wants the facts about anything. Where there is inuendo thereis suspicion.[/FONT]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have a question for the assembly of minds!

Is it legal just to obtain President DJT tax returns for no reason?
    Would that not fall under unreasonable search and seizure?
    Does this create a situation that the IRS could be used as a weapon against anyone?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, according to current law. Will almost certainly be challenged in court

Maybe. Might be the direction taken by legal teams in refusal to comply

Absolutely

I move we change the title of this thread to "Democrats demand six more years of Trump"
    :)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You know, if they **** off Barr and Trump enough, Barr might just appoint a Special Counsel to investigate how it was that a phony dossier was used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on a Presidential campaign and how a Special Counsel was appointed to look into possible Russian Collusion without investigating the Hillary Campaign.

OR he might appoint a Special Counsel to investigate if the Obama Administration unlawfully interfered in the Presidential Election or obstructed justice by having the DOJ tell the FBI not to investigate certain aspects of Hillary Clinton's use of an unauthorized email server to send and receive classified information.

Either one of those might set DC on fire. I'll bet we'd hear the screaming all way to Indiana.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Trump should have released his tax returns in the same manner as every other nominee in modern history.

You can't really blame people for believing something is there when Trump has done his best to behave like something is there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom