• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Now, Ocasio-Cortez wants the IRS to prepare our tax returns for us!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-irs-your-taxes

Yesterday, or maybe the day before, she actually said this: "Unemployment in America is low now, because everyone has two jobs". Think about that one for a minute.

What really scares the crap out of me is, there are actually people this ignorant, driving motor vehicles on the same roads as me.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The tax code is kept complicated as a subsidy to HR Block and the rest of the tax-preparing industry. There should be a free tool on the IRS site to do simple tax returns for us plebes with single income sources, no kids, and no mortgage. The "free" tools offered by Turbotax and Taxact are actually designed to entrap you into wasting money on "premium" versions. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to do a five minute tax return on the IRS website for free, and cut out the useless private sector middlemen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The tax code is kept complicated as a subsidy to HR Block and the rest of the tax-preparing industry. There should be a free tool on the IRS site to do simple tax returns for us plebes with single income sources, no kids, and no mortgage. The "free" tools offered by Turbotax and Taxact are actually designed to entrap you into wasting money on "premium" versions. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to do a five minute tax return on the IRS website for free, and cut out the useless private sector middlemen.

Their game. Their rules. Their referee's. Their ball. Follow the money.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Don't we already have like four threads for this nit wit already? Why another one?

Anyway, in the spirit of it ...

If brains were gasoline, AOC couldn't power a flea's go-cart two laps around a Cheerio.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Don't we already have like four threads for this nit wit already? Why another one?

Anyway, in the spirit of it ...

If brains were gasoline, AOC couldn't power a flea's go-cart two laps around a Cheerio.

Well, we have several threads about AR-15's..... but they just keep coming, SO. Just sayin'.

Tried to rep you BUT, (you know the drill.....spread it, etc)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    To be fair, they double-check everyone's work anyway. Why not let them do their part first and send it to you to review? Those of us who care will do the work (much easier), and those who don't will just pay whatever they are told.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040-ez

Only costs you some ink, a couple sheets a paper, a stamp and an envelope. (almost) free filing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I keep thinking that girl must be good for something but keep failing to come up with any possibilities that are neither lewd nor crude in nature.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yes nothing stupid about wanting the fox to egg check in a chicken coop.

I wonder if she really believes what she says, or is getting paid to say it and ignore the incoming criticism?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Yes... rent seeking... happens in just about every industry you can think of... this one in particular is likely about to become law.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    AOC is an elitist to think every day people are too stupid to do their own Income Tax returns.
    For most people, doing your own Federal and State Income Tax returns isn't difficult.
    Just read the instructions.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yes... rent seeking... happens in just about every industry you can think of... this one in particular is likely about to become law.

Yup. AOC is a dingbat, but tax filing is an aggressively rent-seeking industry with a firm hold on Congress. They are useless middlemen who, through political corruption, you will no longer have any option but to do business with. Pretty much every other developed country has one-click tax filing that is sufficient for the vast majority of workers. We're the one that abuses our tax system to make sure rent-seeking corporations get their dicks wet every year.

Crony capitalism. Obsolete industries should go away, not get government mandates forcing you to patronize them.

Top Bottom