• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Lots of politicians do not know what type of government we have. Neither do many of the people for that matter. Pisses me off.
    People cry and complain and yet many don't even vote and most that vote NEVER have wrote to tell their elected official good job or bad job.
    Then they wonder why these schmucks go to D.C. and just wine and dine and get rich. Because they know no one is watching or holding them accountable.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Lots of politicians do not know what type of government we have. Neither do many of the people for that matter. Pisses me off.
    People cry and complain and yet many don't even vote and most that vote NEVER have wrote to tell their elected official good job or bad job.
    Then they wonder why these schmucks go to D.C. and just wine and dine and get rich. Because they know no one is watching or holding them accountable.

​Repped.....

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The "Duopoly" understands that the masses electing them are ignorant of the ongoing workings of the state. This being said, these same supposed representatives tend not to be accountable nor held responsible by the electorate. The main problem is in understanding the difference between democracy and democratic. In confusing the two, the elected have usurped the one true authority in the people. Most have not read the Constitution and therefore will never understand this authority as being, 'We the people'. The elected confound and complicate the issues of government in order to confuse or disinterest the electorate. The citizenry has to be accountable and responsible in the duties of electing such. We the people have to burn up the switchboard, write letters, visit the local and capitol offices of these representatives. It is not complicated in these matters, as the above-mentioned duopoly wishes to believe that it is complicated. Simply put, the founders and writers of the Constitution wanted the electorate to be involved in the workings. It was written in a manner by which all who could read would understand its meaning. Read it, live it, enforce it! We are all accountable and responsible for the standing of this Grand Republic. ~~"One Man's Opinion!"

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Americans don't vote for the most qualified candidates and this is the result.
    That would take time to research and we as Americans simply refuse to take the time or attention to do the reading/research.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That would take time to research and we as Americans simply refuse to take the time or attention to do the reading/research.

Most qualified? See: McNamara

Technocracy is just a nightmare of a different sort - more 1984 less Idiocracy

The best candidate is one who truthfully says what he will seek to do in office and then delivers on that promise to the best of his ability. Then we can vote accordingly. They are called 'representatives' for a reason, and should not stray into the hubris of thinking they know better what is good for us and what we should want

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Lever pullers. Plain and simple. I grew up in a staunch Dem. family. UAW card carrying Dem. And it sucked. No research. No delving into the body politic just drink the Union :koolaid: and pull the Dem lever regardless of who was on it. It took me some years to shake that stupid **** off. Once I did and they became aware I was no longer part of the hive it got rough. Idiots.
    But man you should have heard the wailing and lamenting when the Dems put "Barry" up front. They still pulled the lever as the mind washing was deeply ingrained but man many were seriously Pi$$ed off. Yet they voted for him anyway.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You don't get to pick the candidate you want, you get to pick from the candidates that leadership provides.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Most qualified? See: McNamara

Technocracy is just a nightmare of a different sort - more 1984 less Idiocracy

The best candidate is one who truthfully says what he will seek to do in office and then delivers on that promise to the best of his ability. Then we can vote accordingly. They are called 'representatives' for a reason, and should not stray into the hubris of thinking they know better what is good for us and what we should want

See? Now this, I suppose, is where identity is on equal footing with principle and pragmatics. People vote according to their opinions. It's an expression of free speech. Sometimes they vote for identitarian reasons. Like the group of feminists going around saying they can't vote for a white male. Personally I think that's silly reasoning, but people get to choose how they pick their candidates.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just for clarification we are a Republic that has been infected with democracy.

Beyond the local state and federal representatives there are no democratic elections authorized by our Constitution.

The President and Vice are selected by Electors and Senators are supposed to be selected by States.

Now the want to dissolve the Electoral College.

That will basically turn us into a semi democracy.

Once the Supreme Court is abolished we will be a democracy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think we'll ever top Rep Johnson.

[video=youtube;c7m6aewquco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7m6aewquco[/video]

AOC is certainly trying though.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I don't think we'll ever top Rep Johnson.

[video=youtube;c7m6aewquco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7m6aewquco[/video]

AOC is certainly trying though.

Yep, the Johnson clip is classic. "and with more population it's possible the island could tip over and capsize." Unbelievable. Truly.

And yes............. AOC is giving him a run for his money, for the 'clueless' title.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Speaking of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...... anonymous sources who are familiar with the situation in the House, claim that House Speaker Pelosi is considering placing a 'gag order' on AOC..... because she is her own worst enemy regarding the Green New Deal. Pelosi allegedly said that AOC talks too much on the floor of the House, and every time she opens her mouth...... the cow flatulence escaping from her brain cavity, is speeding up the global warming process.

Top Bottom