• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston was on the road to becoming the Chicago of Texas when Dallas shouted “HOLD MY LATTE!”

This is an unfortunate consequence of the 2016 Presidential election. Before that up even in Democratic strongholds at least a few Dems crossed over and voted for Republican judges and prosecutors to keep the thugs in line. But with all the Democrats and never Trumper’s losing their minds when Trump became the nominee, a lot of anti trumpers went for straight ticket voting and wiped out Republicans completely in the blue cities.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There needs to be a list of these cities published, I'd like to see all the local thieves move to Texas, or at least somewhere besides here. Might as well live where theft is not a crime.

Porch pirates don't have to run.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm curious about the unintended consequences of this change. Leftists never seem to consider them when making such sweeping changes to societies.
    • What other crimes will go up? Theft is often associated with breaking-and-entering, assault and other crimes. Felony drug possession is often associated with dealing and illegal weapons possession. How many more people will be hurt by dealers that aren't punished?
    • Will the overall crime rate go up? I believe so.
    • Will this lead to more people carrying for self-defense. Very possible.
    • Will this lead to more businesses being forced to remove their 30.06/30.07 no-guns signs? Very possible. Under other circumstances, I'd consider this a good consequence, but if it is due to an increase in the number of crimes/tragedies, then the cost is high.

I guess one upside is that it will serve as a pretty clear contrast to New York City's broken windows policy under Mayor Rudolph Giuliani that resulted in major reductions in crime when low-level crimes were not ignored.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I think it is very likely that violence will increase as people become fed up with petty criminals acting without fear of consequences. Homeowners and business owners are likely to start defending their property more vigorously.
    Unfortunately, the people defending their property will be the ones prosecuted. We'll see how that plays out with the voting public when upstanding citizens are punished and drug addicts go free.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    People won't have to bolt restaurants, even the nicer ones. Eat your meal and leave, as long as it's under $750, including the tip I suppose.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The exact opposite of what every big city should be doing.

Say what you will about NYC liberals, but it's streets are a lot safer than many, many other cities.

[video=youtube;dZ590iPrEYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ590iPrEYI[/video]

We can talk about what penalties should be, but you have to enforce the law in the "little" things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's okay if they steal food, because they "need" it?
    I thought we had dozens of government programs for that. I find it hard to believe.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is the "Junkies' Bill of Rights" for Dallas...

...cause who do we think are committing the bulk of petty crimes....

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    $750 (tax free) per day, maybe several times a day if you don't get caught, is a pretty good living wage. I don't think setting the bar at $750 can be justified as a social value of helping the indigent.
    $750 is high enough that it is obviously for profit. You can't carry $750 worth of food.

Top Bottom