• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Adam Kilgore, general counsel for the Mississippi Bar, offered the following hypothetical to a group of experienced civil and criminal lawyers.

A man has been fired from his job. He is upset. He hires you as his attorney. You are of the opinion he has an excellent case and file a complaint on his behalf. You later discover he possesses a permit to carry a firearm. He also has a so-called enhanced carry license. While his case is wending through the courts, your client goes to a public area outside his former workplace. He displays signs that say he has been wrongfully fired. The man has no history of criminal activity, violence, or threatening anyone.

The instructor asked the class what actions, if any, a lawyer should take. It seemed obvious to me there was no reason to do anything except proceed with the client’s case. I (Jude) would also advise my client to avoid confrontations with anyone who worked for his former employer and what he might consider saying if approached by the media.

While I was forming an answer, many lawyers immediately said they would terminate the attorney-client relationship and contact law enforcement to report their client was potentially dangerous. The only reason offered was his firearm permits.

More at the link:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/0...s-say-theyd-report-client-legally-owning-gun/

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's creepy.

I will say that some of the best advice I've ever received in my life came from a lawyer and it didn't cost me a dime.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sounds like another question to ask potential candidates for one’s personal attorney: Are you bat**** crazy?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Eric Holder's thesis at work. Indoctrinate everyone, everywhere with anti-gun ideology until gun owners are unable to take a single step without running afoul of someone who wants to **** up their life for having guns.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is terrifying. Hoplophobic lawyers on a do-goodery crusade.

Last edited:

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Thats why when I had to sue my insurance company over a house fire settlement I used an attorney I knew I could trust. We also talked as much about our guns as our case which made my wife not so happy. But we won.

Top Bottom