Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar of MN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2in1evtime View Post
    Here is another example as to what muslims in america are promoting, they are in our politics and , now look at what they are schooling there children here in the united states
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXCmEWxMY4
    I do not view the entire American Muslim community as a monolith, anymore than I do American Christians, Jews, or any other particular faith.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

"You must spread some Sanctimony Points around before giving them to Kutnupe14 again."
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    "You must spread some Sanctimony Points around before giving them to Kutnupe14 again."
    I don't know what inspired you, but I want to hit you with some sweet rep ... can't rep you yet.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I do not view the entire American Muslim community as a monolith, anymore than I do American Christians, Jews, or any other particular faith.
    Maybe you should.......
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN607 View Post
    Maybe you should.......
    So youíre saying the Christian community, the Jewish community, and the Muslim communities are monolithic? Well. I guess Christians want to give up all this denomination nonsense then and unite. Since they all believe the same things. And if I see one Christian acting a fool, they must all be fools, right? Of course not. That would be nonsensical to attribute the actions and attitudes of one, or a few, or even many, to the entire group.

All Kut is saying is that not all the individuals within a religion believe the same things, or have the same strength of conviction, or act the same way. Not all Christians want to bomb abortion clinics. Only a tiny minority of extremists do. Yet some opponents like to cast the worst of Christians as the whole lot. And while I think itís obvious enough that a significant portion of Muslims are that radical, itís not even close to evident that all Muslims have the same radical convictions. What Kut said is a true enough statement that it should be uncontroversial.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    So youíre saying the Christian community, the Jewish community, and the Muslim communities are monolithic? Well. I guess Christians want to give up all this denomination nonsense then and unite. Since they all believe the same things. And if I see one Christian acting a fool, they must all be fools, right? Of course not. That would be nonsensical to attribute the actions and attitudes of one, or a few, or even many, to the entire group.

All Kut is saying is that not all the individuals within a religion believe the same things, or have the same strength of conviction, or act the same way. Not all Christians want to bomb abortion clinics. Only a tiny minority of extremists do. Yet some opponents like to cast the worst of Christians as the whole lot. And while I think itís obvious enough that a significant portion of Muslims are that radical, itís not even close to evident that all Muslims have the same radical convictions. What Kut said is a true enough statement that it should be uncontroversial.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your cafť experience...Rand Paul

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    It's sad when you view an INGOer with such contempt that you can't just take what is written on its own merits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post

So by extension, can I take that to mean you would also say not all white people want to keep the black and brown man down? That not all people who are uncomfortable with tearing down existing monuments and statues (and re-writing history) are members in good standing of NeoNazism or Christian Identity or ideological brethren of the Klan

If so, good on you. Now let's hear the poster second the motion. Sometimes it's not what is posted, it is who posted it. You can declare that Ad Hom if you wish, but such posturing should probably be saved for Yoga class
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Now let's hear the poster second the motion. Sometimes it's not what is posted, it is who posted it. You can declare that Ad Hom if you wish, but such posturing should probably be saved for Yoga class
    Those that apply to the thread originator? Because so far, there's one theme that runs throughout.

It's certainly not unreasonable, controversial, or even profound to say that stereotypes and generalizations don't include all members. So I'm not sure why anyone would be offended by that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Those that apply to the thread originator?
    No, to the poster vogueing in #101

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast