Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar of MN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN607 View Post
    No. Certainly not the Christians, and I doubt that of the Jewish faith. But the Muslim community? An absolute YES!

I'll just leave this here.....
    (definition, monolith. Note the word 'inflexible' in character)
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/monolith

And then there's this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlS_SLQLl1s
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I've seen the term sanctimonious thrown about. Just so we lay it out there, you're saying people act as if they're self-righteous. I don't think I've seen many conversations like that on INGO. But, we do talk about moral positions on various topics, and right and wrong. And when you have to sides contending a moral issue in a discussion, both sides will think and argue that they're on the right side. That contention isn't sanctimony. It should be thought of as just discussing ideas. I think that's the right way to look at it anyway.

I'm surprised you say that. I know you're not joking, so the fact that you haven't noticed a significant amount of it (albeit less lately) is not something I expected.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Lulz, well played but you skipped over a few definitiions there at Urban Dictionary, like

KABUKI
    Japanese theatre where only men were allowed to act, even female roles, until ban was recently lifted. Invented in order to allow peasants a theatre of their own, as going to nobles' theatre would result in either having their eyes gouged out or their ears ripped off. Performed in poses rather than fluid action. Often very depressing.

As far as the idea that you can share enlightenment, are you familiar with the koan "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him"

Well I wasn't, I am but a simple ditch digger. After studying it for at least five minutes I am sure that I may understand it less now. But I will just say as a first impression that what we are encountering is not an illusion, and that enlightenment doesn't happen in a vacuum, even in buddhism there are acolytes and masters, hence someone teaching, showing the way, someone learning, and it is not kabuki, made up, or showy, and there is a purpose for correction or encouragement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I'm surprised you say that. I know you're not joking, so the fact that you haven't noticed a significant amount of it (albeit less lately) is not something I expected.
    I'm not forgetting that I have a horrible memory. So I may just not remember the examples you do. Or it could be that I just interpreted things differently. But you know, I have a horrible memory so it could be that too.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.
    jamil is awesome

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

No. Certainly not the Christians, and I doubt that of the Jewish faith. But the Muslim community? An absolute YES!

I'll just leave this here.....
    (definition, monolith. Note the word 'inflexible' in character)
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/monolith
    I would hope that your 'absolute yes' would be purple but I have a feeling it is not. Why would that group of people be any more uniform than any other group, especially one of that size?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    I would hope that your 'absolute yes' would be purple but I have a feeling it is not. Why would that group of people be any more uniform than any other group, especially one of that size?
    No purple intended.......

Have you read the Quran? In it's entirety???
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

User Info Menu

C'mon. There's a place to litigate that statement. It's got its own thread. Not every Muslim interprets the Quran literally, just as not every Jew interprets the Torah literally, just as not every Christian interprets the Bible literally. I know Muslims who aren't violent. I know Christians who I strongly suspect are violent. I'll agree as far as Muslims tend to be way more dangerous in the world than most other religions. But reality doesn't support that all Muslims are the same.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.
    jamil is awesome

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

No, never knowingly laid eyes on a copy.
    You can ask the same question about the Bible if you were trying to paint Christians into a corner. There are some things that we will say don't apply because it's old testament, and some things we just ignore, as a group, but also to different degrees within our different little groups. My friend has explained to me that the muslim world is no different, and that the radicalized are, for now, in the minority.

I know where you're coming from, I have a good friend who feels similarly, and I always encourage him to look where he is getting his information from. Our information systems are becoming radicalized. I try to be very careful about what I take in, and scrutinize everything for ulterior motives.

Just to be clear, I agree that Omar needs to be silenced, and it's a shame her fellow reps don't peer pressure her into at least a little more respect. It's a shame she was voted in, just as AOC. It's a shame that people who "want" to come here don't assimilate, even while holding onto their own faith. I think this is what Ben Franklin was talking about when he said "A republic, if you can keep it".

By the way, have you read through the whole Quran? I can't even get through the book I say that I adhere too, let alone interpret it correctly on my own.

User Info Menu

Let's agree that this woman is radical and she will bury herself with her own words.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    No, never knowingly laid eyes on a copy.
    You can ask the same question about the Bible if you were trying to paint Christians into a corner. There are some things that we will say don't apply because it's old testament, and some things we just ignore, as a group, but also to different degrees within our different little groups. My friend has explained to me that the muslim world is no different, and that the radicalized are, for now, in the minority.

I know where you're coming from, I have a good friend who feels similarly, and I always encourage him to look where he is getting his information from. Our information systems are becoming radicalized. I try to be very careful about what I take in, and scrutinize everything for ulterior motives.

Just to be clear, I agree that Omar needs to be silenced, and it's a shame her fellow reps don't peer pressure her into at least a little more respect. It's a shame she was voted in, just as AOC. It's a shame that people who "want" to come here don't assimilate, even while holding onto their own faith. I think this is what Ben Franklin was talking about when he said "A republic, if you can keep it".

By the way, have you read through the whole Quran? I can't even get through the book I say that I adhere too, let alone interpret it correctly on my own.
    I HAVE read the Holy Bible in it's entirety. And conversely, I have read 14 verses in the Quran, that explicitly call for murdering and beheading 'non-believers' of Islam. That's just so far...... there may be many more such verses.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast