Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 400

Thread: Omar of MN

  1. #61
    Grandmaster IndyDave1776's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Correct, but it provided a prime opportunity and excuse for people who already hate the Church and Catholics to express their preexisting hatred and prejudice.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

  2. #62
    Plinker 2A-Hoosier23's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Good for them as they should be calling it out. My point was that Omar does'nt represent well. All i'm saying is don't support and vote the radical extreme in if they do not represent the kind of image that you want to project.

    Catholics should apply plenty of scrutiny as well towards the kind of people that represent their faith because those that betray that faith have given plenty of fodder for outsiders to trash them as well.
    In agreement. I was really just trying to say that Omar largely represents a group that isn't simply "muslims"

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    As for the Catholics, I find it important to remember that, as I read at the height of the scandal, the prevalence of sex offenders in Catholic clergy is actually slightly lower than in nom-Catholic clergy. The image problem for the Catholics comes largely from sheer numbers since the Catholic church dwarfs most other denominations.
    Didn't know that at all, I immediately went to Catholicism in my original post because the scandals of their representatives are the ones I see in the mainstream. Good to know
    If you are standing upright, do not worry if your shadow is crooked.

  3. #63
    Expert BigRed's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    To me it is a simple process when electing officials: look at who they are and what they stand for and ask yourself "do I want this person to have control over my children and grandchildren?" and then cast my vote...
    Using that standard, I would not vote for any of the bastards and instead send them all straight to Hell.

  4. #64
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN607 View Post
    This Muslim b**** in Congress is just plain bat-s**t crazy, and dangerous. The DOJ definitely needs to investigate this dumb-***, and get her removed from Washington D.C. - ASAP.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1&ocid=U452DHP
    You severely weaken your argument by calling her a "Muslim b*****." If she's a "b****," can't you simply leave it at that?
    It's as if you're saying that because she's a Muslim, that has something to do with her being a "B****." If you replaced the "Muslim," with "Christian, Black, White, Hindu, Jewish" or whatever, when speaking about someone else, one would certainly think that you had an issue with the person in whatever group was mentioned.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  5. #65
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I the point I was trying to make has already previously been made.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  6. #66
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A-NotGay View Post
    The person who basically ignited the criticism over Omar's 9/11 comments was a Muslim. Rep. Dan Crenshaw retweeted this tweet from Imam Mohamad Tawhidi which started the discussion. There are Muslim voices that recognize Omar's B.S. just like there are plenty of non Muslims that are much more critical of Israel than Omar, but don't receive nearly the same criticism, such as George Galloway.

    This is kinda like saying if Catholics don't like the negative impressions of their faith influenced by child rape scandals involving Catholic priests, they should scrutinize more closely who they choose to represent them. Who, exactly, chooses Catholic priests to represent Catholics? Is it all Catholics? No? Well then, who exactly chose Ilhan Omar to represent muslims? Was it all Muslims in America? You'd have to substantiate that claim with evidence. What is definitely true and obvious is that the people who chose Omar were the constituents of her district, not Muslims across America. And even among the Somali Muslims in her district, there are voices calling our her garbage (link).

    I admit that it would take special attention to hear these voices as they're not necessarily mainstream. And I'm not sure there's a way to tell what percentage of American Muslims agree with Omar, that would be interesting to see. But if you put your ear closer to the ground you will see that Muslims have tried to scrutinize her. It is up to you to decide whether these examples and others are enough scrutiny, maybe you think they should scrutinize more closely still. Not trying to convince you Muslims are the saving grace of America and Ilhan Omar is an odd one out; she probably accurately represents the views of many Muslims. But just trying to show that, there are those voices out there
    George Galloway is a US Representative?

    2+2=4



  7. #67
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Good for them as they should be calling it out. My point was that Omar does'nt represent well. All i'm saying is don't support and vote the radical extreme in if they do not represent the kind of image that you want to project.

    Catholics should apply plenty of scrutiny as well towards the kind of people that represent their faith because those that betray that faith have given plenty of fodder for outsiders to trash them as well.
    Look at Lebanon that went from minority to majority Muslim and it is evident that Omar actually DOES represent Islam.

    Most Muslims are peaceful and easy to get along with and will be peaceful when the majority bring in Sharia Law. It is the small percentage, that they will agree with, that will enforce their rules.

    2+2=4



  8. #68
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    We need a Constitutional amendment that says you cannot place your hand on a Bible or Koran. It must be done on a slab of bacon.

    2+2=4



  9. #69
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    We need a Constitutional amendment that says you cannot place your hand on a Bible or Koran. It must be done on a slab of bacon.
    That definitely would then be considered meat before idols.




    I guess I never considered it, but do Jews have the Bible open half way an just put their hand on the left side?

    Do Mormons use a stack of books?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  10. #70
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    We need a Constitutional amendment that says you cannot place your hand on a Bible or Koran. It must be done on a slab of bacon.
    Too big. How about a package of thick cut?

    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •