Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Salesforce banning it's customers using their software from selling guns

Unfortunately I don't think they're the last tech company to do this...

"A company spokesperson confirmed the change to CNBC following a Washington Post report revealing Salesforce was barring certain firearms companies from using its services. The policy was updated in early April to bar customers that sell a range of firearms, including automatic and certain semi-automatic firearms, 3D printed guns and even blueprints for such guns."

“After carefully reviewing similar policies in the industry and discussing with internal and external stakeholders, we updated our policy,” a Salesforce spokesperson said. “The change affects new customers and a small number of existing customers when their current contracts expire.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/30/sale...-software.html

User Info Menu

This is absurd. Also can someone tell me why barrel shrouds are so scary?

Sales for is kinda a dumpster fire. Just one more reason why I would never work for them (again)

User Info Menu

Boy, I'm glad we use them

Why can't folks just make a good product, and shut their mouth on things non-product related?
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Boy, I'm glad we use them

Why can't folks just make a good product, and shut their mouth on things non-product related?
    But how else would they signal to everyone how virtuous they are?

Ark

User Info Menu

The gun and free speech industries need to start creating new payment processors, hosting companies, etc to take over from these woke *******s who are weaponizing their companies for social control.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    The gun and free speech industries need to start creating new payment processors, hosting companies, etc to take over from these woke *******s who are weaponizing their companies for social control.
    However, unfortunately, I think the "free speech industries" are on board with much of this. Some SJW's are now asserting that certain speech is not protected, such as "hate speech" or commercial speech they disagree with. And they want to be the sole arbiters of what is worthy of protection.

User Info Menu

Salesforce is just the latest one. Shopify did the same thing last year.

User Info Menu

This is so stupid. I just don't understand why companies feel compelled to get involved in social issues like this, which instantly alienates a portion of the potential market. It's just dumb.

Also, Oracle, SAP, and Adobe are large(r) competitors to Salesforce in the SaaS space, so just FYI for any decision makers who don't want to put money in the pockets of anti-gun bullies. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of anti-gunners in those other 3 companies, but at least (so far) they haven't been trying to force that down the throats of their customers.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

User Info Menu

The irony being it's perfectly OK to force someone to do business with just about anyone else. IE a very conservative bakery pushed to serve a LGBT event.

color me shocked

Expert

User Info Menu

A friend of mine works there. She posted this on her FB about how proud she is to work there. She says Ethics>Money. Umm, they're using money to force their view of ethics. It's really no different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast