• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If he pulls another bumpstock he can kiss his future political aspirations good bye as far as support from 2A patriots.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There's a good argument that "2A patriots" elected him, and based on who the Dems appear to be courting in their primaries, those "2A patriots" aren't really going to have a viable option. (Unless someone primaries Trump.)

GHWB lost to (Bill) Clinton, in part, because of "2A patriots" staying home. But (Bill) Clinton was pretty much a moderate back then. Hard to imagine "2A patriots" letting an honest-to-goodness progressive get elected.

I'm sorry, but you'll even see die-hard INGO Trumpers saying Trump should get re-elected, warts and all.

Something something best president in US history something.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "Do you think suppressors should be restricted?"

"What, more than a 30%-60% tax and a 9 month wait?"

Ignorant, uninformed question.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If he pulls another bumpstock he can kiss his future political aspirations good bye as far as support from 2A patriots.

The majority of the public has no idea what a bumpstock is or that they are now illegal. Even those that are aware (including most of those who call themselves "2A patriots") don't care.
    The sad truth is Obama's legacy on gun rights is better than Trumps. Obama may have wanted to be the most anti-gun politician in history, but all he was successful at was giving us more places we could carry (Federal Parks).

Thanks to decades of misinformation in Hollywood and lack of hands-on experience due to NFA, I suspect a significant portion of "2A patriots" would be happy to see more restrictions on silencers. Silencers have become more prevalent in the last 1-2 decades, but the more of them that are out there means more will be used in crimes, and there will be political backlash...

Pres. Trump needs to have a conversation w/ his son about silencers.....

-rvb

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Doubtful. They already let him off the the hook once.

There's a good argument that "2A patriots" elected him, and based on who the Dems appear to be courting in their primaries, those "2A patriots" aren't really going to have a viable option. (Unless someone primaries Trump.)

GHWB lost to (Bill) Clinton, in part, because of "2A patriots" staying home. But (Bill) Clinton was pretty much a moderate back then. Hard to imagine "2A patriots" letting an honest-to-goodness progressive get elected.

I'm sorry, but you'll even see die-hard INGO Trumpers saying Trump should get re-elected, warts and all.

Something something best president in US history something.

Unfortunately I believe both of you are correct.

Trump is showing himself to be quite unfriendly to the second amendment with the bump stock ban, these comments re: suppressors, and his nomination for new head of the ATF.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...police-official-run-atf-chuck-canterbury.html

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Didn’t think anyone would buy this.

He’ll still get the “alternative is always worse” support.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    He's also appointing lifetime federal judges at a pretty good clip. 112 appointed, 65 more nominated, 137 open judgeships.
    Those last for a generation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's also appointing lifetime federal judges at a pretty good clip. 112 appointed, 65 more nominated, 137 open judgeships.
    Those last for a generation.

How many generations has it been since 1934? Or 1968?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trump saying what he thinks people want to hear based upon the news of the day?

Have we lost sight of what a "populist" is?

Which leftist nut job from the Democrat Party will they support?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump saying what he thinks people want to hear based upon the news of the day?

Have we lost sight of what a "populist" is?

Exactly. Had someone Pro-2A said something him first, I doubt he would've made the statement, and probably opposed any effort to go after suppressors. Now, since he has, and his loathe to admit a mistake he may entrench himself his original position.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Exactly. Had someone Pro-2A said something him first, I doubt he would've made the statement, and probably opposed any effort to go after suppressors. Now, since he has, and his loathe to admit a mistake he may entrench himself his original position.

Yep.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I still want to see a photo of the suppressor. Also, was it legally owned? The fact that he bought two guns ion the last few weeks makes me wonder.

Top Bottom