Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 182 of 213 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2122

User Info Menu

Even though these kids weren't exposed to enough history in their education, they should still be able to infer that appeasement doesn't work based on recent examples in cancel culture

The hunger for the power to ruin others is insatiable, and an apology or offer to take the complaint seriously is just chumming the water
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    That's pretty bad. Never heard of her, but it looks like Kim Crayton isn't a programmer at all, but just a SJW.

If this is the result of diversity in STEM, I don't want any.
    I kinda think non-feminists don’t count towards diversity. But as of yet I haven’t worked with any woke female programmers. They tend to be geeks just like the rest of us. But they’re pretty rare. Most female programmers that I’ve encountered are either UI developers or test engineers, I guess because that interests them more.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

But his nose is under his skirt. It has to be for his head to be that far up his rectum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    I got this..... I took philosophy in college.

This one goes out to Jaden Smith-

"The truth of a liar isn't from his nose, but what's under his skirt."

OK fine.... I took philosophy was because of a girl I liked.

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Master

User Info Menu

Mark Steyn: Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive.

User Info Menu

Duh!
    Charlie's Angels already was a "girl power", or "feminist" film.
    It had 3 girls kicking ass.
    But, they remake it, took action OUT of it, replaced Charlie with a woman, then pat themselves on the back.
    And then it bombed.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

At 10 minutes in, Elizabeth Banks proclaims that men should suck it up, and go see the movie, even though it has females leading.
    Because she sees movies with men leading.

CHARLIE'S ANGELS HAD WOMEN LEADING...ALREADY!
    Geez.
    It's not because of the lead character being a man or woman, it's cause it sucked.

Hunger Games - woman lead.
    Wonder Woman - woman lead.

I seem to remember both movies doing well.

Charlie's Angel TV Show, and move, both did well.

They JUST DON'T GET IT.

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    At 10 minutes in, Elizabeth Banks proclaims that men should suck it up, and go see the movie, even though it has females leading.
    Because she sees movies with men leading.

CHARLIE'S ANGELS HAD WOMEN LEADING...ALREADY!
    Geez.
    It's not because of the lead character being a man or woman, it's cause it sucked.

Hunger Games - woman lead.
    Wonder Woman - woman lead.

I seem to remember both movies doing well.

Charlie's Angel TV Show, and move, both did well.

They JUST DON'T GET IT.
    They complain that only 1/3 of the movies have female protagonists and that's evidence of sexism. Maybe some of it is. Maybe a lot of it has more to do with people freely exercising their interests. Most of the action movies have male protagonists. Most of the "chick flicks" have female protagonists. Action movies tend to appeal to men more than women. Chick flicks, obviously, appeal to women more than men. That has more to do with interests driven by biology more than by social constructs. I don't really care for chick flicks, not because I think I'm supposed to like action movies better, but because I like action movies, but I'll sit through chick flicks because my wife likes them.

The Hunger Games series, Wonder Woman, the Divergent series were all successful because they were well written, well acted, and they didn't try to preach wokeness to their audience. All these action movies with women protagonists that fail, fail because they're not particularly well written, and they make wokeness the element that primarily drives the plot. In the movies with female protagonists that are successful, it seems like the producers and directors set out to tell an interesting story about the protagonists. And that's it. The producers and directors of all of the infamous female flops set out first to preach wokeness to the audience. And the audience rejected that. It's not sexism. It's "Eh, **** off".
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off

User Info Menu

Wish we had a option.

You must spread some Reputation around to people that don't really contribute before giving it to jamil again.

User Info Menu

It looks like Charlie's Angels brought in 8 million.
    It cost approx. 48 million.

User Info Menu

Chick-fil-A will stop donating to the Salvation Army and Fellowship of Christian Athletes

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ch...ous-2019-11-18