Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 184 of 214 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2131

User Info Menu

I sometimes wonder if some of these decisions don't go back to personalities of the people involved. I've seen some companies fail to sell good products because the sales/management team didn't understand how to get along with anybody.

I do like the sandwiches.
    Last edited by Leadeye; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:21.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Cancel Culture isn't a good look for "the right". INGO really shouldn't go anti-CFA over something like this.

The "anti gay-issues" angle of this was inferred by CNBC anyway, and wasn't even stated in CFA's stance.
    CFA certainly rode the wave of success by not capitulating. Now that they have, it will interesting to see how that works out for them.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    I sometimes wonder if some of these decisions don't go back to personalities of the people involved. I've seen some companies fail to sell good products because the sales/management team didn't understand how to get along with anybody.

I do like the sandwiches.
    I've never had one.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    CFA certainly rode the wave of success by not capitulating. Now that they have, it will interesting to see how that works out for them.
    Do you think there are legit reasons to avoid groups that may have said what the gay-issues groups claim?

I think capitulation is coming out and saying you won't deal with groups that "do this". CFA instead is re-evaluating their charity methods, and pledging to other deserving groups.

Yeah, you can say they made changes because of pressure, but I think they'll do it in a way that should appease their primary support (the right). Knee-jerk admonishing them without taking the whole thing into account feels SJW'y.

Edit: To your point -

"GLAAD says Chick-fil-A donation shift not enough, company needs to "unequivocally speak out against anti-LGBTQ reputation" "

https://twitter.com/DisrnNews/status...00977975861248

This assumes CFA has an anti gay-issues reputation.
    All play means something.

User Info Menu

Do you think there are legit reasons to avoid groups that may have said what the gay-issues groups claim?

I think capitulation is coming out and saying you won't deal with groups that "do this". CFA instead is re-evaluating their charity methods, and pledging to other deserving groups.

Yeah, you can say they made changes because of pressure, but I think they'll do it in a way that should appease their primary support (the right). Knee-jerk admonishing them without taking the whole thing into account feels SJW'y.

Edit: To your point -

"GLAAD says Chick-fil-A donation shift not enough, company needs to "unequivocally speak out against anti-LGBTQ reputation" "

https://twitter.com/DisrnNews/status...00977975861248

This assumes CFA has an anti gay-issues reputation.
    What they gay-issues groups claim? How do you ever quench those greviences?
    INGOer #18,319

Master

User Info Menu

What they gay-issues groups claim? How do you ever quench those greviences?
    You can't name any person/organization that has fully satisfied SJWs once targeted. SJWs *always* demand more and more subservience. The best you can do is to grow a thick skin and continue providing good service to your customers.
    Mark Steyn: Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive.

User Info Menu

What the gay-issues groups claim?
    The criticisms above about Salvation Army, and things they or their spokespeople have said/done.

How do you ever quench those grievances?
    Honestly, you don't. Inaction is probably the best action in the end.

Spent a while trying to describe the similarities/hypocrisies I see between CFA/NRA... and how cancel campaigns are used... but I can't quite word it right.
    All play means something.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    You can't name any person/organization that has fully satisfied SJWs once targeted. SJWs *always* demand more and more subservience. The best you can do is to grow a thick skin and continue providing good service to your customers.
    That's the problem. And now? As I stated elsewhere, I've never eaten at one of their restaurants. The closest one is up in Bloomington. From time to time, when I had time, I kind of planned of making trip up there to give them my suppport...but never got around to it. I won't cancel them or boycott them but neither will I go out of my way to help them.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

The criticisms above about Salvation Army, and things they or their spokespeople have said/done.
    Exactly my point. Distancing yourself from organiztions just because the gaystoppo has un-personed them is a cowardly move. It won't gain them as allies and time will tell if it makes the lines at the drive-through shorter.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Cancel Culture isn't a good look for "the right". INGO really shouldn't go anti-CFA over something like this.

The "anti gay-issues" angle of this was inferred by CNBC anyway, and wasn't even stated in CFA's stance.
    My ass isn't a "good look". "Good look" is a ghey ass phrase. About as retarded as "okay boomer".

I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off